Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: what keeps you going ??

Dearest @Former-Member

You do what you need to but you could see your Gp and access HACk for support Workers. Me and @Former-Member get support workers in to manage.  

I need to go to settle my husband butI will just suggest writing a routine on your fridge 

IE; 

8am   wake

8.30   shower, meds, coffee 

9am breakfast 

Then we can write about other strategies

PP

Hello @PeppiPatty, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @BossandSqueezy xx

Hey @utopia, hope you don`t mind my wonderful friend

but i had to put you quote here xx

Sometimes it's better to focus on things that we have some control over.
It's also good to spend time focusing on what makes us happy or content.
The more we focus on those things - the more we notice good things - the happier we are.

@Shaz51. I'm happy. Anything I post on this forum - can be moved around the forum. Youcan share off the forum - so long as there is nnothing to identity me, my family or my community. Otherwise, take what you need shaz.

Hi @Shaz51, what keeps me going? Dunno! I just know that I can't rely on anyone else. Life is about the choices you make. You can't change the past. You can't change what others have done to you! You can only change yourself!!! You can change how you respond to people who hurt you. You can block people from your life. If you keep doing the same stuff and expecting a different outcome...... you are lost.

Love BossandSqueezy

Hi @Shaz51

What keeps me going ??

What a great question, I think considering this can help to remind us what is realy important when everything seems impossible.

Thankyou 🙂  

So what keeps me going? 

1. My faith that God is in control.

2. Love for my wife. She is a beautiful person just often stolen from us by her illness.

3. Love for our 3 beautiful children.   

4. When all else fails,
    I made a commitment before God, family and friends, 'to love honor and protect, for better or worse' 
   (or something like that, too long ago to remember the exact words 🙂 )

That was lovely @Determined and very true

same here , I love my Husband who has MI , he is wonderful and caring and I have 4 wonderful step children

Good points for me to remember when things are down , sometimes I get in trouble with my step daughter as I sometimes think I am alone in this and she says to let her know what is happening

but you know how fathers are -- they don`t want to burden their children

Hello @BossandSqueezy, @utopia,

and special friends @PeppiPatty, @Former-Member xx

Hello @Twinings, @Natalie, @roses1

what keeps you going ??

@Shaz51. The past week, what kept me going, was knowing I had an appointment with my psychologist. Knowing he has helped me in the past. Hoping he could help again.

Love your comment - it's certainly what's always kept me going. Sometimes have to work hard at it though

Hello @Kal, how are you today my friend Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance