Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Zoe7
Community Guide

The hits keep coming!

Just arrived home and found my trailer and a few other items have been stolen out of my driveway. Just when you think you may be slightly turning a corner you get knocked down again! Tying really hard to stay 'up' but can feel my mood getting lower and lower by the minute. Have an appointment this afternoon with my psychologist and was feeling positive about tackling some issues - now I just want to curl up and forget everything. Waiting for the police to turn up is keeping me from doing that but my anxiety levels are rising. Don't even think my insurance covers the items taken - can't financially cover the losses - yet another kick in the guts. Feeling a bit lost and stuck AGAIN!

39 REPLIES 39
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: The hits keep coming!

Oh @Zoe7 thats so unfair and unfortunate. I hope they get recovered or insurance covers it. I had that kick yesterday when my air conditioner broke after on using it for about 2 hours. I wish I could say something to help but I know you just need to work through it the best way you can. It really sucks though. Thinking of you 💜🤗💐

Thanks @Former-Member. It's difficult enough paying for the psychologist and I need that more than the trailer at the moment! You probably need the air conditioner more than I need the trailer so I suppose that's a positive for me. Thinking of you also. Heart

Really sorry to hear that @Zoe7.  Somehow those losses seem harder and more unfair this time of year.  I hope that it feels more possible to pick yourself back up and keep on moving forwards when you wake up tomorrow.

@Zoe7

Oh no! I know what that feeling is like. When I went through floods I panicked and was really stressed. Things will hopefully brighten up for you. I hope you went to your appointment as it's an opportunity to offload some of that stress and anxiety that you might be feeling. You can tackle other issues another time. 

When I went through the floods I was really lost because I moved 9 times in 9 months. I know this is strange to say but things sometimes get a little bit worse before they get better. You have to ride out the storm (no pun intended :)). I know it's difficult because I financially lost out, but I had some wins eventually. It just took time. Try to give yourself some breathing space. Tackle one issue head on first rather than have to deal with all the issues. I know this is difficult but in your mind you have to learn to prioritise what comes first and take it one step at a time. This was challenging for me, so I kept a diary and wrote down everyone that I spoke to and saw. It created a sense of order through all the chaos. You can even write notes on your mobile if you have that capability.

Hope this helps.

Not very confident about sleeping much tonight - hopefully can get a few hours. My mind is in overdrive at the moment and the fact that I must have been asleep 5 metres away unnerves me. Might try sleeping on the couch - maybe feel a bit safer then. Will try and see my GP tomorrow - just to touch base whether I sleep tonight or not.

@Zoe7

Even if you don't sleep, you will find lying down and just resting helpful. Do what makes you feel safe. Take care.

Just laying down usually sets my mind racing with intrusive images and thoughts and not sleeping properly usually sets off my nightmares. Sometimes it's easier to not try when I know I'm really wound up and having difficulty settling down.

Had a pretty bad night. Jumped at any sound and couldn't switch off. Feeling really lost and tired today. No motivation to do anything, Sometimes life just needs to stop for a while.Smiley Sad

You will feel lethargic for a while. Try to do the basic things like have a cup of tea,eat meals, bathe and maybe get some rest. A good idea would be to check in with your gp just to make sure everything is ok. They might be able to assist or provide some medication to help you sleep.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance