Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: The hits keep coming!

Should change the title to "Have Hit Back"

@suzanne@TAB@jem80@Shimmer@Former-Member

Towey the trailer is back home safe and well (with a few minor fix-ups needed) after his little adventure.
For all those trailer abductors out there - no need to take - happy to lend him out - just need to ask!

Still can't believe it! My emotions have definitely rollercoasted over the last few days.Thought I would sleep last night but only got an hour or so. As a result of the initial stress/anxiety, lack of sleep and the subsequent relief my body has definitely reacted adversely. Feeling very tired, nauseous and my head is pounding. Seeing GP this afternoon then will hopefully finally get some sleep and physical relief.

Also finally realised today when seeing Psych that the reason the relaxation exercises aren't working is that I can't cope with the voices but having just music (without anyone singing or speaking) does start to relax me - progress!!! 

Hi @Zoe7, I love "Have Hit Back"!

So glad Towey is home safe Smiley Happy

Understandable that you've been on an emotional rollercoaster and struggled to sleep last night. Great that you've come to the conclusion that music (without voices) is what helps you relax - is there a particular type of music you like?

My psychologist put on Tony O'Connors CD 'Mariners' this morning when I was really struggling. It's the most relaxed I've been for months. This is when we both realised that hearing anyone speaking causes too much distress. Major breakthrough. I could have fallen asleep and stayed there all day. Going to try and find it tomorrow - think the ABC Shop stocks it. Was going to order online but will take too long to get here - need it now! As regards to  other music - my no.1 fav is Adele, then have a wide repertoire - reggae, r&b, blues, jazz, celtic, classical, etc. Don't like music with a lot of bass - hurts my head (literally - can hear my brain pounding and my eyes throb). 

@Zoe7

It's fantastic that you have found some music to help you relax. The albums are available on iTunes. You have to pay but they are downloadable. I believe there is iTunes for both pc and mac.

@jem80

Found them on itunes but am a bit old school - like the cd 

@jem80

already found it online at ABC Shop - going tomorrow to pick it up. Thanks for thinking of me x

@jem80 @Zoe7 I find itunes just frustrating,after it updates itself, it is always harder to use. imusic is better, but yes even itunes seems to cope with uploading cds lol, then again imusic takes back songs have paid for, paid for one song at least 3 times. Apple is evil 

Yes Apple is evil!!!

They've got a million tricks.. thinking shlda got a Sony phone 📱 after seeing ad
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance