Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: The hits keep coming!

Thanks @Shimmer. I've even managed to eat something since I found out, if I sleep tonight that will be 3 wins in one day Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Woohoo x3 @Zoe7 Smiley Very Happy

@Zoe7

It's fantastic that you have had a great win and outcome. Feel free to keep posting.

Make sure that you keep eating and doing the basic things like shower and go to bed. Hopefully you will get some much needed sleep and rest.

I understand that this kind of thing takes it out of you. Take time to heal and be patient as it will take a while to recover as you have gone through something quite stressful.

@jem80

I was initially stressed, annoyed and angry (as one would expect). I was too wound up to sleep last night, mind in overdrive. When I got the good news it was a mixture of excitement and relief.  Now that has passed I feel like the worry and concern over just the one thing was actually holding me together. Now all the usual stuff that swirls around in my head has returned and am not feeling so great. 

@Zoe7

The feeling you had was probably driven by adrenalin. The body and mind can't keep up those levels for long periods of time. If the usual stuff is bothering you, try having a cup of tea or try some mindfulness maybe with a smiling mind app. Try to lay down and rest in a comfy chair. Even if you aren't up for sleep have a lie down and try to rest.

@jem80Tried the Smiling Mind app but the sounds of the voices I tried to listen to distressed me too much. Any other suggestions? I do need to get some sleep - have a really early appointment that I nearly forgot about!

@Zoe7

Lay at down in bed ready to sleep, lights off and count. Don't say it out loud. Either just start from 1 and go as high as you can or repeat the numbers from 1 to 5. The idea first is to focus on the numbers to help clear your mind. Hopefully then the repeat or count of numbers will help ease you into sleep. At first you will be distracted, this is because your thoughts will be everywhere. The count will hopefully eventually get you to focus and help you sleep. It might take a while to work. Have a go.

@jem80

Thanks. I'll give it a go. Am feeling completely worn out now. A few hours sleep will be better than none xx

..shouldnt say am getting new one tomorrow re a/c then maybe @Former-Member sure it will be sorted

We love good news around here @Zoe7 - thanks for letting us know 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance