Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Long Term caring and it's problems

that is hard @Shaz51, lots of driving around to help and appointments for you it sounds. Mental illness is so diverse and demanding. I hope you cope with the ups and downs it is so draining xx

lol @Former-Member as I said I am the endless carer, it used to be people that were having trouble with life in between!! Now it's animals. Good grief I have a hard time doing anything for just me. "I must work on that!!"

Hello @JoJo99 Heart

having your daughter move back in with her support people and her program , and have her own spot of the house to herself -- there is a topic tuesday where they talk about different subjects like -- Setting Bounderies which might be goo to have in place

@JoJo99 - Listen and follow your own advice - by working on doing something for yourself. Do you have things in mind that would fit the bill? Maybe a massage, a movie, a meal out?

Hi @JoJo99

I haven't really had a chat with you yet. I hope you're finding the Forums helpful 🙂
I noticed you used the first name in your previous post, of someone in your life.
You may be using a pseudonym, which is totally fine, but I just wanted to flag it. It's not a breach of guidelines, but it's more about looking out for your privacy.
If you want to edit your post, you can use the desktop version of the Forums to press the 'Edit' button within your post, to change it.

All the best.

Hello @NikNik, @JoJo99

@NikNik , trying to fine the topic tuesday about boundaries for @JoJo99 

there is a topic tuesday where they talk about different subjects like -- Setting Bounderies which might be goo to have in place

Hi @Shaz51 & @JoJo99

Did you mean this Topic Tuesday @Shaz51 ?

thank you @NikNikHeartSmiley Very Happy

@JoJo99 wrote:

@Former-Member Kirsty hasn't moved back yet ..... thats what I am worried about. Am I jumping from the frypan into the fire?

hello @JoJo99

so sorry I have misunderstood completely 

you have split your house in 2 for your daughter to move back home with her own care sorted? Support workers?

this was decided between you both?

you now have concerns re daughter's depression? Is she still having counselling? If not is she entitled to more? If not go refer psychiatrist bulk bills?

what are your main fears? Dependence?

are you able to ask your new psychologist to assist in setting up workable plan for you and Kirsty giving you space? Perhaps apptment together to both discuss concerns. Kirsty may have similar concerns. I think once discussed openly how to move forward then issues will be revealed and can then be tackled.

how does any of this sound to you? Any help?

hello @JoJo99

@you need help with animals

do you have helpers?

delegate work for next couple of weeks you have major change happening

helpers can be told emergency

otherwise animals will have to go to nearest animal shelter

this is family emergency..... You can't be there for all, all of the time

time out for you to breathe and work out where to from here 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance