Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Burn Out // Tues. 23 Jan. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

So what I'm noticing is that the small things do count. Though, as it is the way with Carers, we are very focused on the wellbeing of our loved one. 

Finding balance is tricky.

I thought the last thing I would share tonight is this matrix.

A lot of research said that it's important to make list and priorities - but what if your list is full of priorities! 

This matrix is something you can use to categorise the importance of a task based on the impact it will have on you and the impact it will have on your loved one.

CarerMatrix.jpg

Those self-care goals sound excellent, @Determined

I will borrow some of them for myself, if you don't mind.

Adge

I even quit my job at the end of the year and started a new one last week with friendly hours where i could get into a good routine. 🙂

Well done. I must take note!

ha ha @Take_me_as_i_am, have you tried the puzzles with no borders Smiley Happy

On saying no, this week I stood down from a student rep role at the university, disappointing for me as I am not a quitter but it was the right decision. Campus manager was also disappointed but understanding of my situation.  

I will be joing a less intensive role and am on call for volunteering as I am able. 

@Adge its in our nature to put everyone else first its time to put ourselves first!

Yes.

So the horizontal line is a scale from left to right - from negative for your mental health to positive for your mental health.
The vertical is the impact on your loved one.
So let's use the example of taking your loved one to a movie - it's like to sit in #2 - good for you MH and good for theirs (each situation will be different obviously).

So you can prioritise tasks that sit in #2, and not things that sit in #4 (activities that have a negative impact on yours and your loved ones MH)

is this useful?

@Janna the last few holidays we have had have not been successful, Mr D being stressed, not coped well etc. Have 2 planned getaways coming up soon a shorter interstate break to see relatives and an extra long weekend for just the two of us for our wedding anniversary.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance