Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: feeling shafted

Compassionate caring support .... 

Good to see @Smc could provid you a practical answer ....

@Jane9 

Thanks Be-Happy, you are right about trust. I'm well trusted bt my partner but she has known her friend and sister through hospitalizations long before I met her and she's worried I won't cope as her partner seeing her in a psychotic state. it all makes sense from all perspectives. Thanks for taking time to respond. It was good to be reminded .

Hi @Jane,

On top of everything else that has been suggested,I would also consider looking into why it affects you to such an extend if you couldn't have access to her Psychiatrist.

To be frank,it reads to me like your partner and yourself are on different pages on this issue and that's where her lack of trust is stemming from.

Im sure you want the ultimate goal of health and happiness for your partner,so it's vital to consider what outcome a certain action may have on your partner.

Eg: in your mind you may associate involving a CAT team as providing her with necessary help,but in her mind,if she has had previous negative experiences with them where she felt she wasn't listened to or wasn't treated with dignity,then for her it will be associated with fear,a loss of self determination and negatively.

Experiences like this can ironically have detrimental effects on her mental health rather than improve it.

The same situation with the ECT.Perhaps she is having an irrational fear of ECT due to the emotion the idea of ECT produces in some people,but by the same token perhaps she is completely rational and has objectively weighed up the information and decided that ECT would not be beneficial in her case.

Thanks ivana, some good home hitting truths. I'll take it on board.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance