Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

seahorse
Contributor

Feeling upset /sad and just miserable

Hi my son is in hospital at moment was told today for weeks he will be there! He has recently been diagnosed with schizophrenia has ASD he is 16yrs old !! He is on a depot injection and has community treatment order but had a massive psychotic episode the worst I have seen so quite frightening! The psychiatrists can't understand how it could happen they think he is medication resistant anyway I just feel helpless sorry for the ramble
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Feeling upset /sad and just miserable

Hi Seahorse,

I am very sorry to hear about your son. I can understand how worried you must be. Please use this forum for support. There are people here who will listen to you and respond to you.

Take care

Hi @seahorse

I am so sorry to hear that your son is not doing well right now. I can only imagine how frightening it must be to watch your son go through something like this... your mama’s heart must be aching, but I am glad to see you are reaching out on these Forums for support… You are not alone. @Janna is another mother on here who also has a 16 year old son struggling with mental health issues. You might like to read her story here. Please keep us updated with how things progress, and remember that we as a community are here for you.

All the best,
Mosaic.

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear that your son is going through such a difficult time at the moment.  I also have a 16 year old son who is not fairing very well at all at the moment either.  I hope that you find comfort in knowing that he is in the best place possible at the moment and I also hope that you take advantage of the respite by being kind to yourself and getting some well deserved rest and relaxation.  It's very, very difficult as a mother to sit by and watch your own child suffering and not be able to do anything to ease that suffering.  The best thing you can do is ensure that he gets treatment (which he is) and to just be there offering your love, support and understanding.  Hopefully his inpatient stay will see him get stabilized and back to a reasonable and tolerable level of functioning.  In the meantime please get support for yourself and understand that looking after yourself will help you look after him.  It's so easy for carer's needs to be overlooked when the focus is all on the unwell individual.  As much as they need support, you also need it.  

Take care

Janna ❤️

Sorry to hear that things with your son worsened.

Keep looking after yourself to prepare for when he comes home.

I hope the treatment team can help.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance