Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

TAB
Senior Contributor

Re: Tabaluga's

..not much @Bill16  staying at a pub as got drs appt in Adelaide tomorrow. not really in mood for drinking , but not depressed like had been 

TBH i've slowed down a bit @TAB and have gained. Got lost in the nearby streets - took a detour and came out the other side so I now have a new route! The streets in the vicinity of where i live are all over the place. There are streets that wind up in dead ends and grassy walkways inbetween them. Not very good town planning 

@StuF i've never heard of outpatient groups running that are covered by insurance. Thats lucky. I don't think i'd join another group again but have over the years met some really nice people with rehab. A whole day seems like a huge investment. What things do you talk about and do you find it beneficial for your mental health?

Think i might do some blood irradiation and lymph drainage now. 

@TAB enjoy your evening at motel. 

You too @TAB 

Does the pub do a decent feed?

Hey @Bill16 

I had group, now just chilling at home. You?

TAB
Senior Contributor

yeah, got to start over again soon re exercise @SmilingGecko hotel is ok . cant make mind up re food. plenty of time yet. hotel food expensive and bit boring

think get uber eats ha ha lol

TAB
Senior Contributor

bit on the dear side unless get parma @StuF  see how I feel after had a few more lol 

Yeah @SmilingGecko  - I'm fortunate to be able to access the groups (and that my insurance covers it!)

I too have met many good people over the years. Don't tend to really stay in touch with most, but that's life, isn't it?

The full day is a bit much. But I was finding the half day insufficient. I'll get used to it. Most of the day is 'check-ins', but we also have a psychiatrist for an hour or so to discuss a topic of our choosing.

The thing that really makes groups, of course, is the people. My fellow patients are all pretty cool, the facilitator is great and the psych is mad, but excellent.

So in terms of my mental health- just being with like minded people is great, so yeah, it's an automatic benefit there. But also, as I said, the people are all good and the topics are interesting and normally relevant...so it's a win 🙂

Well done with your walk. Have a good night!

Cheap (and decent) pub feeds are hard to find really these days @TAB ...

...pizza? lol

TAB
Senior Contributor

yeah I cant get my head around $40-50 steak, they have pokies here , isnt that supposed to subsidise food lol @StuF  yeah , pizza or vietnamese up there atm w no real enthusiasm, will leave it a few hours

No rush I guess @TAB 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance