Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: What can I do to help her

And ..... Jeepers kreepers

We all know People who burnt themselves out forgetting about themselves And did everything for the issue,

Please re read @Appleblossom post where she writes your daughter is a credit to you.
But also...... Without telling you what to do and being blunt......
Your daughter would find this overwhelming.

I was visiting my oldest son in another state for a week

My oldest son told me about how he hears voices then
Spent most of the Week downstairs smoking pot.
It was so much we also played backgammon over and over again not talking.

Yep, Im feeling it today and told my hubby to go have a beer with some mates. 

A draining day with an additional personality/character/voice developing. I got to have a conversation with this new character for 20 minutes today.

My son was scared for he has only seen scary, hostle characters. I stayed stong and asked many questions. This new character is calm and relaxed, more than what I was. He said that my daughters room was messy...................LOL, I like him already.  ( Deep down I wanted to cry)

My daughter is back at the moment, knows nothing of the event and is now asking me all the questions about the new character.

I ran CAMHS and they said to keep an eye on her and to ring back if anything major occurs. Not much can be done until she acts out violent.

Ummmmmmmmmm. She shouldnt have to put up with this period!!!!!!! She is being beaten up mentally, its interupting her school work, she is drained and doesnt deserve this.

Dearest @Nay

You've asked us all to be straight out so here it goes:
Take care of you ......
What can you do for you.
Your son
Your daughter
Will not be fine unless you are fine
Please ask that place about a group therapy for you with other parents dealing with this.
Your daughter
Your son are very lucky to have you
But you don't want your son to feel ignored.
You are doing great though but you asked.

My darling beautiful son.......
My darling beautiful husband .......
The agencies all say this that
' nothing will happen until they act violently
Then your family is destroyed unless you are strong

Thank you @PeppiPatty.
I know this and understand.

Be aware of the characters and do your own research into DID beyond United States of Tara....

maybe its her way of trying to be mature and face up to issues but also distancing herself from not being perfect ... we all want to be perfect ... but there is no hope for that ...we are all in the same boat there.

Dear @Nay you are probably the person who will make the most difference for your daughter even when she gets to see MH professionals.

Yes there is the unfortunate reality that the squeaky wheel gets the attention ... it is BIG issue for the MH field ... because beautiful creative sensitive souls are not put to the top of the list ... it is almost goading people to get aggressive to get help ...

@PeppiPatty has a lovely encouraging style and lots of experience.

It is not easy what you are facing ... but she will always be your beloved daughter ... adolescence is so tricky in this complex age ...

Dearest @Nay

When I remet my darling husband ..... Before we got married ...... We went to High School together ....... His iq is 150 ............. it was very exciting
I made some bad mistakes ...........
All from being burnt out and not seeing things realistically
Anne
You are writing like a woman who has it much more together than I ever did ...... You are using compassion and love so much better than I ever did
I was a good enough mum for my two children though in very difficult / extreme circumstances
@Appleblossom ........ What I love about you is that we can both disagree and still see good ...... Do you really think that stupid show with Toni Collette is good ? She is like my absolute favourite actress ....... But I don't see that in @Nay's daughter .......
Please forgive me but you might be right in research ........

I have never watched that show and I am very wary of these characters.

I was put on the spot, in the car today when my son said " Mum, she keeps saying hey brother to me ". In a confined space, sitting next to my baby boy, I felt fear.

I pulled over and stopped the car. It wasnt my daughter.

All her life I have dismissed her behaviour and thought she was just trying to be cool and fit in.

After seeing the fear in her eyes when she said " You think Im lying? You think this is normal? They have threated to murder my family, is this normal? I cant forget the fear and tears in her eyes.

Any threat against my family, I take serious.

I understand where you are both coming from. I am glad that these issues have been brought up.

@justanother47yr wrote:
Dearest @Nay

When I remet my darling husband ..... Before we got married ...... We went to High School together ....... His iq is 150 ............. it was very exciting
I made some bad mistakes ...........
All from being burnt out and not seeing things realistically
Anne
You are writing like a woman who has it much more together than I ever did ...... You are using compassion and love so much better than I ever did
I was a good enough mum for my two children though in very difficult / extreme circumstances
@Appleblossom ........ What I love about you is that we can both disagree and still see good ...... Do you really think that stupid show with Toni Collette is good ? She is like my absolute favourite actress ....... But I don't see that in @Nay's daughter .......
Please forgive me but you might be right in research ........

Seeing my husband crying on the phone to helpline because we dont know what to do for her breakes my heart.

Hi Nay,

Do you know the exact age this started happening with your daughter?

Do her hallucinations consist primarily of auditory voices or has she ever mentioned other symptoms such as visual hallucinations (seeing things not there) or any physical symptoms?

Whats her self esteem like in general?

When you talk about concepts such as self-esteem with your daughter is she able to understand what these concepts mean?

Ideally either you or the Psychologist she sees will hopefully be able to find out whether your daughter is able to distinguish between voices versus her own internal self talk.

No, I am unsure of the age when they began. I recall her talking about a 2 voices when she was younger around 6 and didnt give them names until she was 9.

She can hear the 3 voices ( a new character arrived today ) with her eyes open and when her eyes are closed she can physically see them and can talk to them.

She is such a caring, beautiful, gentle, kind sole that thinks everyone is nice and feels compelled to help others. She is never angry and is so respectful.

I always thougth her self esteem was good and she always gives things ago. I really dont know now. 

She doesnt volunteer information. I have to ask and she will answer in detail.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance