Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

An added bonus today, Mr Darcy now feels that making a start on the kitchen garden would be in order 😀.

Got the camera out this morning to get shots of the butter yellow poppy and purple hyacinths I was talking about the other day. And there's sooo much more coming! 🙂

DSCN5282.JPGDSCN5283.JPG

lovely @Smc HeartHeart

@Smc 

flowers = :ok_hand:

More coming = 👍

Moments of joy both in the present and with the anticipation of more to come.

one of my customers  gave me some succulents , so today I have repotted mine and going to give some to my customer  and to my mum

yesterday mr shaz had a fall and landed on his already sore arm from his last fall , soo we had the day off today as his arm and leg and sore

my mum loves gardening but can not get in her garden anymore -- soo an idea , we have changed her leanto into her new garden so she can enjoy sitting in her garden  and watch the birds she feeds , i also put in a bird bath

@Former-Member, @Smc , @Determined , @Sheila , @Adge , @Former-Member , @Nouche 

I've been clearing out an area in our side yard that I want to turn into a wallaby-proof veggie garden. I wanna be able to grow peas, beans and broccoli again. 😛

The spot I'm clearing had previously been my empty pot stash, and there were a lot still there hiding under a layer of eucalypt litter. Will need to get rid of most of them, but am musing over whether to pass on the empty pots or put plants in them to sell... money to fund further gardening projects. 🙂 But the latter takes time. Admittedly, enjoyable time. May have just answered my own question.

It's also where the portable chook pen was stationed for a year or so. As I pulled out the weeds, I was finding a lot of worms, so I've relocated them to a compost bin that I'm using as a second worm farm to deal with all the paper I've been getting rid of.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 5.03.11 pm.png

Getting just a little bit excited, this week we ordered the first lot of materials needed so we can make a start on our kitchen garden; they are scheduled to be delivered next week 🙌. In anticipation,  I also placed a seed order for both flowers & veggies (including some shelling peas @Smc  but no broccoli and yes @Sheila some asparagus).

Some of the plants we brought from our old place are starting to shoot as are some of the newly purchased bulbs 😀.  

@Smc plant stall = 😀

I have not sold plants, but do enjoy giving them as gifts. Was thinking now would be a good time to get things potted up in time for Christmas ...

@Shaz51  how are your succulents cuttings coming along? 

@Adge  , @Determined  how are you going with your garden maintenance?

@Former-Member I had planned some activities in the garden over the weekend but stuck in front of my screen trying to work on a contribution for group project.  Hot windy and in the middle of a dust storm here at the moment is not helping. 

@Former-Member, I had a market plant stall for about a year, but that was a long time ago. This time I wouldn't do anything that big. Am thinking a stand at our front gate with an honesty box, plus the occasional "heads up" on our town Facebook pages when I put something out there.

Our local supermarket currently has some good quality potting mix on special for the same price as  "Bunnings Bargain Basement" mix, so I'll be buying up some of that. Mosty for my own use.

Enjoy setting up your kitchen garden. 🙂

Am guessing you're far enough away from the bushfire zone to be OK @Determined?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance