Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What gets you stressed over Christmas? // LIVE NOW

Hello @NikNik

So the home environment does the trick? -- yes home it is xx

it's good to know you have a solution & plan.-- I never looked at it that way @NikNik, thankyou xx

Just reread my post and realised it sounded very negative. Just had a hard year dealing with family members mental health breakdowns and could do without any extra pressure.

Hi @Former-Member

I do feel grief at this time of year as well but I do my best to find some cheer. Was going well but My daughter's moods swings (she has bi-polar) is making that near impossible at the moment. I think it's grabbing those peaceful moments when I can by looking for any good no matter how small or hope that helps me cheer up some. But happy, no. But for me at Christmas, or any other time of the year for that matter - is about making the most of my lot or go mad. Hugs xx

Hi @MEB what a wonderful parent you are. Family issues are a big one for a lot of us over Christmas. It sounds like you are doing everything within YOUR control though.

What do you have planned for you & him?

Hello @NikNik

To be perfectly honest with my own health issues and so many external circumstances one after the other i basically just keep smiling and usually find when we get home that i cant get to sleep.

i think this is why the lead up before is stressful it triggers the memories of spending some of the time with people i dont really like and the backwards and forwards to people's houses, there is a lot of travelling for us. Some of it is lovely but overall is very draining.

strategy when with people dont like i try and focus more on person i dislike the least.

I hear you @Former-Member !!
There's so much pressure to have "fun" during Christmas!

There's a great article called 'Is it okay to ignore Christmas' that I really enjoyed reading: https://www.sane.org/media-centre/the-sane-blog/1930-is-it-okay-to-ignore-christmas

I like you're approach @Former-Member - Just being present in the moment when you get those moments to yourself.

Hello @MEB

yes i was just thinking the exact same thing as NikNik.

how lovely that the two of you can have a special day together. less frightening for him and more relaxing for you.

for others with adult children with mental illness no how much it hurts and how difficult it is. im just hoping to here from my son.

Hello @Former-Member, @Former-Member xx

Thank you @NikNik and all of you.

i have been told twice to get off the computer now. I'm spending too much time on this forum. Dinner is ready.

To those of you whom i wont see on here before i hope you have a pleasant, relaxing day spending it with the people you want to be with and doing what you want to do. I should follow my own advice.

take care on the roads if travelling

hugs to you all

mohill xxxx

Goodnight @Former-Member !
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance