Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: hi I am a new user of this forum

Thanks for your reply!

I realise there are so many different choices and nobody really knows the best choice however I really like and trust the psychiatrist my son has.. Next week we have to go to guardianship board to see about a continuing CTO order that the hospital put in place so that will continue for another 6 months! We ended up making the choice agreeing with the psychiatrist as my son has deteriated so much over the last year!!! Unfortunately he got very sick beginning of the year and had 2 major surgeries and spent 2 months in hospital!! This I contribute to the rapid deterioration with his mental health!!!
I just hope the right decision has been made by all!!!

2 Surgeries is HUGE .. your son certainly has a lot to deal with. In today's world we often have expect surgery to be the quick fix and pathologise feelings that are a normal working through of life circumstances ... which I call growing maturity ... If you trust your treatment team then you are in a relatively good position and go with it ... GOOD LUCK.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance