Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Scared

Ok I am SUPER SORRY for all the threads tonight i am just kind of a mess and as you may have seen dont have any support right now and i like to keep topics seperate mentally anyway very very sorry. 

(heads up the next bit talks about eating issues although nothing super intense) 

To the point so i am really stressed out i have been pretty much unable to do anything for the last 5-6 hours because i have been very stressed about what to have for dinner and i know that sounds stupid but i am literally about to cry over this. and i dont really have anything left at home so i would have to go to the shops but i am genuinley too scared to go to the shops because there would be way to much food to choose from and idk what i even want because technically i dont want anything which means i cant even go with a list and idk what to do because i am going to have the same issue tomorrow and the next day and the next but i really cant go to the stupid shops. and i tried calling the butterfly foundation like 2 days ago because i was desperate but like it didnt really help and idk what to do Smiley Sad

9 REPLIES 9
greenpea
Senior Contributor

Re: Scared

@Eden1919  Hi Eden1919 no apologies needed hun :). What I do is do my shopping online. I use Woolies where i dont have to worry about people, lights, noise etc it is just me and the internet It works well for me. I dont get overly stimulated by anything that way and can peacefully order my food nice and slowly. There is even an option on it so that it remembers your previous order so you dont have to worry about seeing other goods for sale and getting over whelmed by the amount of food on offer. You just get the same ingredients every week until you might want to add something to your grocery list.

I can thoroughly recommend it and the delivery costs are generally very cheap. This week is only $3 dollars! Give it a try. It cannot hurt. Love greenpea

Ali11
Community Builder

Don't be sorry @Eden1919, have you looked into a subscription box such as Hello Fresh or Marley Spoon? They send everything you need in one box, so you just select the meals weekly and it arrives on your doorstep. It's really helpful for those of us who become overwhelmed with the thought process involved in meal selection or shopping. Heart

@Ali11 @greenpea  it is not just the thought of being around the food physically even when i have to order online it can take me hours looking and deciding. it is more that if i buy food then i feel like i have to eat it because i hate wasting things and feel guilty that others could be eating it or that the animal is gone and i am going to insult it by not even eating it. but i genuinely dont want to eat anything ever and if i buy food it is like me deciding and willingly eating and then i feel super gulity because i just shouldnt ever eat anything if that makes any sense..... but like is isnt just going to the shops it is buying any food at all. 

Ali11
Community Builder

Have you tried meal plans @Eden1919? Would setting portions and making the meal size consistent throughout the week be helpful? 

@Ali11  meal plans have been a disaster any time i have tried them they really dont work for me and just add to my stress levels. I honestly dont know what to do anymore this just keeps getting more and more intense and it is getting in the way of my studies now but i cant stop it and quite frankly i am tired of fighting with it constantly i just want to give in and do what it wants and not have to think about it anymore. 

Ali11
Community Builder

That's understandable @Eden1919, if you've found they weren't helpful before. Have you tried writing out what it is you want to achieve with your food/eating habits and then focusing on the outcome as a goal (or mini goals over a period of time) to work towards? Sorry if that's something you've already tried, just trying to think of other approaches that might help Heart 

@Ali11  that kind of thing makes it a lot worse. 

idk what to do anymore i am so over everything and completely fed up i keep crying but then i just end up with a headache as well as feeling like crap. 

Ali11
Community Builder

@Eden1919 It is great you understand what will make it worse and perhaps that can help to find something that helps give you some peace. Have you felt this fed up before or reflected on the things you can control? Please remember to keep drinking water, it will help replace fluids and keep headaches at bay a little longer.

@Ali11  it doesnt really help at all knowing what doesnt work. i have only felt this fed up once before and that was not a good time. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance