Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

RasberryCupcake
Senior Contributor

SUPER Stressed!!!

Hi all,

I'm totally stressed out this morning ... I'm in a situation whereby I have no money to my name - im broke as a joke and the Department cannot provide for me, for reasons that really make ABSOLUTELY no sense!!! They're giving me rather odd reasons why they haven't paid me. I honestly feel ASHAMED to be an AUSTRALIAN right now .. the government has a lot to answer for. 😞 (my tears)

9 REPLIES 9

Re: SUPER Stressed!!!

Hi @RasberryCupcake ,

I'm sorry you are stressed out about money.  The government and system needs some serious fixing.  They are so frustrating to deal with at the best of times.  Maybe you can call them and ask to speak to a manager?  Sometimes that can get things moving.  I don't know if it will work, but, it might be worth a shot.  Can you ask some friends or family to help you out in the short term?

Take care

Hi @Gazza75 

Thanks for your support. The thing is I have been asking for lots of support from family, except I don't want to ask any further - its embarring for me, you know that feeling?? Ordinarily, I would ask to speak to a supervisor/ manager, except on this occasion the whole process is not sitting right with me somehow. I cant put a finger on it, but my intuition is screaming out somethings not right. xx It's causing me a great deal of stresses

@RasberryCupcake,

I do understand how hard it can be to ask family for support.  I try to get by without doing it as much as I can.  Have you been dealing with them (the system) in person or on the phone?  Could you try another office if it's not to impractical?  I'm sorry about the stress levels, along with MH its a lot to handle.  I really hope you can work something out soon.

@RasberryCupcake There are so many bloopers within the different systems.  If you are entitled to it, keep calm and chipping away.  Make the phone call and send the email.  I prefer email if I have a contact as then I leave a "paper" trail.  I have been working at fixing one all this week.  It might be finally done but wont know til August 5.  Keep your cool. Blow off steam here if you need, but dont let go of your basic human rights.

Smiley Happy

Hi @Gazza75 ,

I'm seriously about to freakin' lose my cool... I just don't know what to do. Nothing I can do. Going into any centres is futile these day, they can't do s*it.

@RasberryCupcake, I'm at a loss.  I haven't had to deal with them for a considerable ammount of time.  They used to offer a loan of up to $500 that you then had to pay back by getting deductions taken out fortnightly.  Not sure if that's an option for you.  Sorry I can't be more helpful, hopefully others can chime in. 

Hi @RasberryCupcake 

I read the whole thread and I am not exactly sure of what's happening but I do know that you can borrow against your pension and make repayments out of your pension each fortnight

You can do this over the phone - I was a full pensioner for a long time and sometimes I had to borrow on my pension - they do want to make sure that you are not going to be caught in a worse place making your repayments though - you have to have enough to live on for the six months you are making the repayments

But I have to laugh - enough to live on - on the pension - 

I'm really sorry you are battling though

Dec

Hey @RasberryCupcake, we're sorry to hear about your financial issues right now. If you are also having trouble paying your bills, you can apply for assistance with each company, that may be an option for you too. Do you have someone that can help get on the phone and dig deeper on your behalf? 

hi @RasberryCupcake
i can totally relate to being in financial strife, so much so that i get embarrassed about it and trying to work out how to pay bills and to be able to live as well.
it really is hard indeed
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance