Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I’ve just lost my support network

@Razzle  that is strange of the counsellor. I agree with @greenpea  maybe play nice and dumb until the girl trips up on her own mess and then it wont look like you being vindictive or obeseed with getting back at her. like in the horror movies where nobody believes the main charcter that the new person is evil. normally the ones who didnt believe them end up worse off. then when she does fall on her face everyone will know if it her fault and wont blame you. this all sounds really mean but there isnt many ways to deal with someone like that in the situation. as long as you maintain your integrity and just keep to yourself it should work itself out.  

Sounds terrible. @greenpea is right because the mother and girlfriend seem in control and your son doesn't have a word. Have a word with your son. Leave the counsellor, doesn't sound like the councellor is helping. Do you like your husband?

@Eden1919   I’ve backed right off from the whole situation, these people thrive

on drama, and by not responding to it at all means they don’t thrive on the drama they’re trying to create.  

I cant believe the response from my councellor, I held so much trust in this man.  Only last week here on this forum I was singing his praises, saying how lucky I was to have him.  I’m devastated to have lost him, but there is zero trust now and I can’t confide in him ever again, I can’t believe how hurt I feel.

@Supercoolguy   I’ve shown my son different texts from his gf that proved she lied.  We have had a good talk, but he’s between a rock and a hard place being pulled in every direction, so I have told him I’m getting right out of the way and wont put pressure on him again about wanting to see the baby.

Do I like my husband?  Right now I can’t stand the sight of him.  I should have left 18months ago when this happened the first time.  I feel such a fool to set myself up for this to happen again

That is tough. Sorry to hear that. I don't know what to say that will make the situation better, espcially between your son and husband and also for you wanting to see the baby. I don't have anything to say that will bring your family closer and that what could bring the girlfriend and her mother closer to you with out the dram I don't understand why they are lying. What is the point? Why can't they just get along and be happy with you and your son and husband also. I hope you get a good answer and that white light is on your side. 

❤️❤️ @Razzle  ❤️❤️

Once trust is gone it feels impossible to come back from @Razzle You have told me previously how much you have talked about with your councellor and the respect and trust you had in him - so after what has happened I do not blame you for feeling as you do now. It is devastating to feel like you have lost the support of someone you have confided in so much. Then you have your husband singing the praises of the mother and completely dismissing your feelings - that is incredibly hard for you Hon Smiley Sad Your son is in a difficult situation here but also needs to stand up for himself and his needs. 

None of this is okay @Razzle and there are no easy fixes - I am angry for you and wish it was so different. It is horrible to be feeling so alone but we are here listening and walking with you. Much love and huge hugs coming to you Hon Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance