Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Neb
Senior Contributor

Eating difficulties

I am wound up in a foetal position, curled around my stomach that is so painful at present. I think I have some bulimic tendencies.."oh dear God it hurts". Then it is a stagger to the loo to do the evacuation by the buccal cavity. This goes on for hours and hours. What can one do ?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Eating difficulties

Hi @Neb 

I'm really concerned about the pain you're experiencing right now. Have you been to a GP today since posting this? I also noticed you were unwell not that long ago. I think it's really important you get this sorted out.

In terms to your reference to a eat disorder - is this something you have shared with your health care professional before?

Nik

Thank you for your concern Nik Nik. I have spoken to the GP and hopefully will see someone within 4 months. I have a lapband in situ and it is apparently in a neutral position. I suspect there will be nothing wrong with it and it is my own fault. I tend to under react, and living alone is not necessarily advantageous at times.

As I am writing this, I feel much better, thankfully. It is very unpleasant all the same as I become dehydrated and of course, cannot take any medication. I am also extremely hungry which is very bad, as I have to be very careful not to eat far too quickly, which can set the cycle off again.

I'm really happy to hear you reached out for help Neb.

It's important to keep doing that 🙂

4 months is a long time to wait to see someone. Can you see your GP in the meantime if you feel sick again?

Here I am at 0230 hrs with a sore tummy and quite uncomfortable actually. I was given some garden fresh silver beet and cooked that with some bacon and an egg. Yum! But not to be yum for long. This is tiresome,
And I am pleased that I have an appointment in November to have it checked out. I must keep a log of daily food intake, and see if there is a pattern or amnesia in relation to food etc. what is really boring about this is I am actually very hungry which is very peculiar

Hi Neb, 

Just checking in. How are you feeling??

I'm pleased to hear that you got an appointment coming up. It doesn't sound quite unpleasant and painful. Has your GP suggested any responses when episodes like this arise? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance