Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

Hey there @Adge 🌺💜

I’m just so sorry to hear what’s happened with this job trial - it’s so awful that is is allowed to happen in our systems. 
Let alone the stress is places on mental health to be shifted around like this, for no benefit to you in terms of sustainable employment.

it’s totally understandable you feel hopes and choices have been taken from you - I feel like that is what has happened too. 
I’m so sorry this is even possible to do to a person. 
I wondered if you felt like raising a complaint about this employer? I’m not sure how to do that, however surely they systemically shouldn’t be allowed to do this..there may be some clause somewhere that describes their responsibilities maybe..? 

I wondered what will happen for you now..if the job provider will find something suitable or if you’ll be heading back to your aged care job? 
I also wondered if there were gardening jobs with local council available..here where I live there are groups of gardeners that do all the lawns, shrubs, trees, etc., and they roam from area to area in a pattern, together..but I live in the suburbs so there are lots of places where council need to maintain the public lands (whereas this may not exist in all council or shire areas). 
I’m hoping to be helpful in some way 🙂💜🫂

I feel a sense of injustice for you regarding what’s happened, and I really hope the job provider can do something to better support you 🌺💜

Oh @Shaz51  I’m really sorry to hear that Mr Shaz is upset with his sister arranging things like that without asking 😔🌺

I hope things can be sorted out so he’s happy instead 🌺💜

That seems strange that your mum doesn’t have any clothes for you to take home for washing @Shaz51 …I wonder where they are?🌺

I’m sorry to hear you needed to cancel your weekend away, too @Shaz51 , I hope it can be rescheduled without too much disruption 🙂🌺

Morning @PinkFlamingo , hope you slept OK 

Mr shaz's sister has done this all her life , that why he wants less to do with family 

I feel sorry for my MIL xx

My mum has been at the hospital , one nurse decided to take her washing to the hospital laundry,  I don't mind as long as the clothes comes back 

The hospital have found them in another room 

Good morning @Shaz51 🤗🌺

how’s your morning going? I hope you also got some decent sleep and feel rested 💜🙂

I slept pretty well thanks - changed the sheets, blanket and underlay around 3am as the soak of sweat was getting very cold now the nights are cooling down, which helped with getting more sleep indeed ☺️🙌🏻

I’m really sorry to hear that things aren’t smooth with Mr Shaz’ sister.. it does make it harder for the rest of family and I can understand why you’d feel sorry for MIL 💜

I hope your mum is ok? That sounds like a nice gesture from the nurse who sent your mums clothes to the hospital laundry - I’m glad they were found ☺️🌺

How’s your day going today? 
I have some classes and study to do 🙂

Hope you feel better soon @Shaz51 

Hello @PinkFlamingo @Oaktree @Jynx @tyme @Meowmy 

Hey there @Spirit_Healer ☺️🌺

how’s your day so far? I hope you’re doing well 💜🙂

Hi @PinkFlamingo Yes, I will be trying to find a job that has a fixed place of employment (one place), with no driving between 1 & 2 hour Gardening Client Services (to make up a day's worth of work).

My unstable employment situation & uncertain weekly hours has continued for almost 18 months (1 & 1/2 years) now - Being repeated/ replicated by several different employers, with no effective improvement in job or financial security.

So am rather burnt out.

In the meantime yes the Aged Care employer has started rostering me back on for Client Gardening Services.

Although they have only 5 hours of work for me this week.

I really did not wish to return to that - As working on my own every day, for the past few years, is a hard Gig.

Plus the driving between the short 1 & 2 hour Gardening Shifts is too much.

Adge

Hello and hugs @Adge , @PinkFlamingo. @Spirit_Healer , @Oaktree , @Abner , @tyme , @Jynx , @Glisten 😄

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance