Skip to main content

Re: The magic of tidying

I got some books that I think are locally published so should be interesting. So far my only luck has been lemons and figs. There used to be a food foragers map of Australia years ago. It was a google thing. Don't know if it improved in terms of having a website with a better user interface or not @TAB 

THANKS for these links @TAB they did not come up on my search except the National Geographic one I did before I saw your post!

The Booktopia book you suggested was at the library so have put it on hold allready 🙂 The site that goes with it has beautiful pictures of Australian weeds so they are easily identified

The indigenous plant nursery looks really interesting. I have a friend on facebook who is aboriginal so may pass that along to him.

I checked out the Victorian food foraging wordpress page you gave and notice its been quiet for the past couple of years. No events since the pandemic but they had some interesting outings foraging seaweed! I noticed they have moved to central Victoria to start an eco farm so its a long way for me. They began a blog but no recent posts at all.

Looks like I'm doing foraging...

I hope you have a good evening.

Still haven't got my electricity bill but its in credit so far. I've decided to stop paying $65 a fortnight as its money out of pocket I have to recoup. I'm roughly saving $130-$140 per month.

Watched some journalism yesterday that said solar power is causing problems with the grid. Its a great idea you would think but now its being recognised as an issue. When the sun is up it creates an oversupply of renewable energy causing fluctuations in the grid creating monetisation issues around the worth of typical electricity supply (non renewables) I think I may dig the article out for you but theres big problems with economics around solar power now.

Anyway just had dinner may try and wind down for the evening. 

You take care, TAB. 

the problem is not solar its the system and the grid @SmilingGecko it should all be nationalise. have poeple overseas playing aust power 'market' to get like $50/kw/h and screwing all other providers they stay off line and wait til price goes up before go online 

not 'Australian' well not in australias interest. looks like trump ahead you will ge your wish or russia invading Europe as he will support russia and north korea as he is an imbecile lolo

@TAB @Dimity @SmilingGecko @Staffy_Mum @Shaz51 

Guess what? I actually started on the decluttering and cleaning. I have a cleaner coming in on Thursday so I am trying to get surfaces clear so she can clean. I have thrown some old papers out and put some stuff into bags to take to goodwill. Feeling pleased with myself. Also got some gardening done today. Dug up the beetroot and turnips and picked the chillies and capsicums. Planted the chilli in a bigger pot with compost.

Meggle

Hey @Oaktree go YOU! Well done for todays efforts. When you have your house done you will feel like everything is more ordered and it will positively affect your state of mind. I'm doing bit by bit. I can't quite afford a cleaner as I allready have a lawnmower man but I feel as if I've broken the back of my housework.  Put a lot of things away, cleared my desk and the kitchen is looking much better since xmas.  Will keep up with it. Got to get out into the vegie patch and start growing vegies again! You should be happy with your haul today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend

You've done well @Oaktree & @SmilingGecko . I'm not really keeping up with things atm but cleaned shopped cooked & exercised today so making an effort to get back on track. The poor garden still needs work. 

Hope you straightened things for the cleaner @Oaktree 

I've had tiny ants after the catfood so am putting leftovers in the fridge and mopped the floor with sugar soap.

Your vegies must have done well. 

I haven't got far with the house but I've picked up litter a couple of times for the council. 

@Dimity @SmilingGecko @TAB @Staffy_Mum @Shaz51 @NatureLover 

I am cleaning in my toilet today. It’s a small room but there is lots to do. So far I have emptied the bin, moved everything off the floor, swept, cleaned the loo brush holder and started cleaning the walls with sugar soap . I have to grab the ladder and do the tops of the walls. Done the bottom of 3 walls so far. After I have cleaned the toilet, I will attack the laundry.

I will come back and report in later.

Meggle

Ok I just finished cleaning the inside of the toilet. I just have to clean the outside of the door leading in there. The toilet looks all fresh and clean. Pretty happy with myself. 

@Dimity @SmilingGecko @TAB @Staffy_Mum @Shaz51 @Hopefulsoul @Appleblossom @NatureLover 

Meggle