Skip to main content

Re: The magic of tidying

I know I surprised myself @Oaktree I think doing the health detox today made it easier. I am on a daily detox routine until I feel sufficiently better. But had more energy today than normal after feeling a bit fluey from the detox. I will do more cleansing tomorrow. But yes I have those days when I feel so listless and unmotivated. Nothing ever gets done and you literally have to force yourself to do minor things

"I really need to get moving on my decluttering. I know what needs to be done but I have no motivation."

@Oaktree my friend I really think we can all say that. That's why I'm here - maybe others too. How would you choose to have us support and encourage you? Above all, there's no judgement.  Some days we just don't have the physical and mental "spoons" to exert ourselves.  Other times a little coaxing and encouragement can get us started - even if it's self-talk. 

It's good you can keep bouncing along @SmilingGecko . A few years ago I bought clear compartmentalised boxes and drawers from the craft section of Spotlight. 

@Former-Member  ha ha you're here lol 

there is a compartment box at supercheap think saw @SmilingGecko  $14  same one

TAB_1-1705381093376.png

Have been tidying up my budget and reading an entire finance magazine from the library on the free online app Libby.

Read a great preparedness article about using leftover plastic drinking containers to fill with water for storage in case the loo won't flush if the water grid goes down or you need water to wash and theres no water coming out of the tap. There is a lot cyberattacks going on now, its now more commonly known, I reckon there won't be long before there is an attack on infrastructure like water supply

I am stocking up on used large 2 litre leftover coconut water containers and filling them with water so I can use in my toilet or portable chemical loo so I can flush them.

Looked at a few kerosene heaters for winter for heating if theres no electricity due to rolling blackouts like they have had in some countries during winter but haven't made a purchasing decision. Will scan the market for a few weeks

I have been putting together my emergency reference information in a plastic display folder so all my papers are in one place. Got a list of places, phone numbers and directions to dump off chemical toilet waste if the loo won't work. They are usually in caravan parks that have dumping points. So that can go in my emergency reference binder.

Have also been looking into saving tomato seeds from fruit that is about to go off so I will have a nice supply. So instead of throwing out tomatoes I can save the seeds and use them for a steady supply. I'm going to give that a go this week.

@Dimity @TAB @Oaktree @Staffy_Mum 

demon heaters burn kerosine or diesel or oil  kerosine prob 3x price of diesel or more

google demon heater smudge pot choofer @SmilingGecko  way cheaper than wood heater needs lots ventilation tho lol

So funny @TAB I've never seen or heard of them but they have a huge following on facebook! Thanks for sharing!

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 5.30.34 pm.png

had one in shed at work in winter once they are brilliant. onthe page says can heat 300m sq lol @SmilingGecko 

300sq/m is quite big. I'd be looking for indoor heating though. I think those outdoor heaters are quite quaint! I've just borrowed some books on urban food and medicinal foraging. There was overhanging figs on a tree in my neighborhood until they cut it back recently. I made a braised shank with figs out of them. Want to learn how to forage. My naturopath used to pick up chicory that was growing wildly in her neighborhood. I think its a lost skill @TAB! I saw a book from The USA on WWII cookery with food foraging. I think during the war people used to food forage

lots common grasses can eat here @SmilingGecko  not sure theres anything you could live on tho