Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

NikNik
Senior Contributor

When things are going right: Celebrating the achievements of those we care for

Jan-20-It-Is-Worth-It(pp_w443_h295).png

This is your place to celebrate the wins, big or small, that the person you care for has achieved. New job? Great session with a psychologist? A good day? Whatever it is, we want you to share it with us and celebrate with you!

16 REPLIES 16

Re: When things are going right: Celebrating the achievements of those we care for

My son has not needed to increase meds, or be rehospitalised this year.

He has been steadily social this year: started a relationship, paid board, worked partime in workforce, generated own income streams, been in many rehearsed moving readings.

He is more helpful in the house and more pleasant to me.   Thank you

Re: When things are going right: Celebrating the achievements of those we care for

Thats fantastic!!! @Appleblossom

Ive no doubt that as hard as he has worked your ongoing care and support throughout the years has been instrumental 🙂

My son is back in hospital. But it's a good thing. I'm happy/sad, but crossing everything he engages and does the work necessary. It's still early days for us. 

Best of luck @Altogether

I understand the bitter-sweetness of it.

Hello @NikNik, @Altogether, @Fancy_Pants, @Appleblossom

My hubby has NOT gone back to hospital since August 2015 last year

Morning everyone,

As the new year is fast approaching, I thought it would be nice to share an achievement of our loved ones in 2016!

Any takers?

@Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope

Hello @Zahlia, @NikNik, @Altogether, @Fancy_Pants, @Appleblossom xx'

1)  My hubby has NOT gone back to hospital since August 2015 last year

2) the Meds have made a difference in my husband`s life , we still have ups and down`s , off days and good days , side affects ect but  there has been changes

@Shaz51 They are amazing achievements, not only for your husband but also for you as a carer!! What you are doing seems to be working for your family at the moment. 

Hi @Zahlia @NikNik @Fancy_Pants @Shaz51 ....

My hubby is trying to get a grip on his mood swings.  I don't receive apologies when he flies off the handle, but he is revisiting his behaviour within a few minutes, and trying to explain why he reacted the way he did, suggesting that maybe it wasn't the best move, but that he didn't intend to cause upset .... 

I consider that progress.

He has also gone to great lengths to hide his eating disordered behaviour, and as long as Idont mention it or allude to it, he is trying really hard to live compatibly with us around it all, and be as considerate as possible about his daily regimen that rules our family life .... 

For him, that is a great effort, and he is trying really hard to have his e.d. and us too .... it's dysfunctional of course, but it's the best he knows how to do at the moment.

I hope that makes sense.  It feels like a small win in the midst of a very big loss ....

😳😜:face_with_rolling_eyes:😢😔🤔😐 .... ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance