Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Needing help with my son

Hi @Bandit1. It's also difficult when you feel as though you're banging your head against a brick wall. Have you tried talking to your G.P regarding your move, your sons withdrawal, your hubby's shutdown. Everything seems to be resting on you at this time and you need guidance. It may be possible for your G.P to arrange to have your son assessed to see if he could be placed in a type of 'supported accommodation' house. These are places specifically designed to enable people to integrate back to where he was before the accident. Moving into another house is stressful enough without the added worry of your son. I agree hospitals can be scary and your son has much to contend with, without feeling abandoned.

I asked his Dr about alternative housing,or anything at all he can help with,and he said the housing would be very expensive,and he can't think of anything else. I looked under 'contact us' at the top of this forum,and it had a section that said 'ask for help',so I did.I received an email from them that night that someone would connect with me.The next day I got a call from a lady on the team and she listened to my story and said she'll get back to me with info on help in my area.Not even an hour later she had called back with phone numbers I can call and lots of useful information.I'm going to start with a couple and see how it goes.My son mainly needs a mentor or a group situation where he can meet other young people who are going through the same things so they understand.Hopefully he'll see a light at the end of the tunnel (and it's not the train).I'll keep everyone posted as to how things go.

Hi @Bandit1. That's fantastic news. Everything crossed for a good outcome. Definitely let us know here. We care for you and your family.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance