Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Long Term caring and it's problems

Hi @Shaz51. You drew the short straw huh?

Hi @JoJo99
Checking in to see how you and your hounds are going.
Darcy

hi my friends @Former-Member@soul@Shaz51@Faith-and-Hope

I've had a pretty rough couple of weeks, funny how it seems like forever. Daughter had a MI episode and I was advised to call an ambo. Fat lot of good that did except traumatise her. She been staying with me since then. No more depression for me just into high alert carer mode. She's been back at her home 2 nights now, so it's back to tons of texts and counselling phone calls when she finds nothing is going right.  Psyc app on Tuesday to review her medication, 2 weeks waiting for this with no help.

Think I just had a knee jerk reaction to some critism today and resigned from the pet rescue. 😞  I also have 2 dogs here during their heartworm treatment, crated 24 hours a day. Let out only for the toliet on a lead. Feeling so sad, feeling like a fraud and a failure. 5 dogs,3 cats and a MI daughter have just tipped me over the edge. There must be something else in life, I just have to go out and find it. I would love a part time job but don't quite know how to juggle that with daughters reliance on me and all her appointments.  How does everyone work and juggle this? I would really love to hear how you do it

thats all for now, sorry I had a big winge xx

Hi @JoJo99 ..... 💕

Sounds like it's been pretty rough. You may have had a knee jerk reaction to criticism, but there is a limit to any carer's coping ability , so that figures ....

As far as a part time job is concerned, look for something with shifts, like retail, where you can negotiate shifts to work around your daughter's appointments, and swap shifts with others as suits you all ...

💐

Hi JoJo, sorry things are hard for you at the moment. Can you go back to the Wildlife role, explain you've been under a lot of personal stress and it came out sideways maybe. You seem to love animals. Don't give up your passions. I do some volunteer work for Vinnies, that gets me out the house at least until you find played work. But right now, maybe dont running away - turn and face the pain - 'self care' is the key, restoring balance within first is more important than running around looking for it - adding stress. Its hard but do draw some self care boundaries with your daughter so you don't become resentful, big hug🌷💕 Lapses

Hello @JoJo99 Heart

sorry things are hard for you at the moment, sending you hugs HeartHeart

I agree with what @Former-Member and @Faith-and-Hope have said xx

Can you go back to the Wildlife role, explain you've been under a lot of personal stress and it came out sideways maybe. You seem to love animals. Don't give up your passions.

'self care' is the key, restoring balance within first is more important than running around looking for it - adding stress.

with me with these ups and downs, i find it hard to find the right balance , ye we need to restore balance in our lives again after these things happen

thanku 

Content/trigger warning
Woman Happy

don't know why it says spoiler!!

You clicked on the spoiler ( yellow circle ) instead of a face @JoJo99 on your post

Hi @Shaz51, @JoJo99, everyone
Sleep well tonight 😴 ☁☁🌃
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance