Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

Hi @Dimity 

How did you go with the ironing?

I am about to set my timer for 15 minutes and start tidying up. It’s amazing how much you can get done in as little as 15 minutes

@Dimity @NatureLover @TAB @SmilingGecko @Staffy_Mum @Shaz51 

Got quite a few things done in my 15 minutes. Cleaned dining room table, put dishes away, tidied up desk and some things on counter, emptied bin, put empty bottles in the shed as I want to use them for worm liquid from my friend. Then timer went off but hubby and I decided to clean out both junk drawers. Have whole shopping bag of rubbish. Will do another 15 minutes later

Well done @Oaktree. No I haven't got to the ironing yet. I got onto some local advocacy yesterday. Today I realised I'd forgotten a birthday and travelled to a shopping centre for a gift - and ran into an old friend. I probably could have fitted in the ironing if I'd  tried. But the other things were a welcome change from the everyday. 

Oh bumping into an old friend sounds nice @Dimity 

The ironing can wait for another day

Had a lovely dinner. Now I am tidying up ready for the cleaner to come tomorrow. Put all the things on the bench away. Need to do another load of dishes. Clean table and bench. Maybe sweep the floor so it’s not so feral. Lots of sand on it at the moment. Need to find the floors in the bedrooms too.

I know, cleaning the house before the cleaner gets here! I think I need to get someone out here. I hate cleaning. The place is presentable but could do with a vacuum and floor wash @Oaktree 

@SmilingGecko @Dimity @NatureLover @TAB @Staffy_Mum @Shaz51 

I didn’t get everything done last night so I am going to get my support worker to give me a hand this morning. Cleaner comes at 2pm. Need to move some things into the shed. Shed needs space made. Move stuff off benches onto table so cleaner can clean kitchen.

@Dimity @SmilingGecko @NatureLover @TAB @Staffy_Mum @Shaz51 

Well that was an exhausting hour and a half. Support worker and I decluttered for the entire time. Got rid of 2 large garbage bags of rubbish. I was pretty ruthless. Now the cleaner can come in and clean and it should get a lot better. Cleaner is only coming for 2 hours per fortnight but hopefully that will stay on top of the worst of the mess. Support worker and I also dismantled a greenhouse that was sitting in the front room. I will put those back up outside in the cooler weather. Probably won’t need them till April/May

Support worker and I cleared out the front room and went through some drawers with old papers

Wow what a massive effort @Oaktree . Well done. Will the cleaner be ongoing?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance