Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Relapse? Codependency?

Hi @Shaz51

Thanks for asking. I have been intending to get back to you since Xmas day but it's been so busy as we've been staying with family, along with hectic school holidays!
Well, Christmas Day was lovely with kids, Husband and parents but unfortunately not so great for my brother who really struggled.
It was a classic case of where I should of had those expectations of mine lowered but.....
Anyway, as things would turn out,Boxing Day was actually better for him and the afternoon to evening was brilliant - a really happy time.
Now, another low I believe (or sense) but that's how it's been - almost every alternate day ok- low-ok then low again..

And you? How did things go for you?
How has the start of this new year been?

I think of this little community often.
So thankful to be part of this.
Xx BB

Hello @Former-Member,

Firstly, please forgive my very late reply!
I am so glad you gave me some insight through your post on Xmas day.
Your words were so valuable, and they echoed through my thoughts throughout the Christmas Day which wasn't great for my brother.
Your words made a lot of sense and I wanted to thank you so much for the support.

How was Christmas and new year for you?
I hope you were blessed with a peaceful time with your family.

Many thanks once again,
BB x

Hello @Bluebird15 

It is soo good to hear from you

I am happy that Boxing Day was actually better for him and the afternoon to evening was brilliant - a really happy time. for you

looking at the postive and the good times is great xx

almost every alternate day ok- low-ok then low again..-- yes nearly the same here my friend xx

christmas day was long and hubby tried , as this was his first christmas without his dad who died during the year , he was sooo tired in the afternoon

Boxing day lunch was better , hubby was a bit more relaxed , but I made sure we only stayed for a few hours which was good as he slept for 4 hours when we got home

my step daughter did her first christmas breakfast , so proud of her , she is soo much like her dad , stresses out soo much

my other 3 stepsons didn`t come this time xx, I missed them even though it is crazy having them and their partners around xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance