Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

Mr shaz does not have a good mate or two that he could do things with;either @Former-Member 

Do you catch up with the kids that live near by often @Shaz51 as we don't have kids and do not live near family they are not an option for us.

the kids are too far away @Former-Member 

wish they lived closer

Wasn't sure if one had moved back closer @Shaz51.   

@Former-Member  @Shaz51 

We are fortunate that darling currently has a good friend who really understands. 

Someone I can call without explanation and say darling needs some company (aka supervision) today and she will be there. 

Even if it is just company and not supervision required. 

In an event where safety was a real issue able to say she had tried 'x' now talking about 'y' so the friend knew the risks and absolutely no judgment.

But on day to day basis just being a genuine friend unlike previous pretend friends has made the biggest difference for darling. 

For us getting support outside of us on top of having being socially isolated and limited friends because of the illness was admitting just how bad it was to 'outsiders' and even ourselves. Choosing instead to hide and cover up. 

ohhh S2 has moved again back to where he had a job as a chef , the place rang him and wanted him back @Former-Member 

yes S2 and his partner broke up , so he left his job as well

I have stopped talking about MI with our friends and even very little to understanding friend @Shaz51 @Determined as I felt I was becoming a burden to them. I think even for myself I needed to start talking about other things that bring joy instead. 

same here @Former-Member , @Determined 

and it seems like they don`t want to know anyway

I don`t like saying things either because people will ask mr shaz ( and then mr shaz knows who told them ) == me

I think they are uncomfortable with some things @Shaz51 and I have found vague answers to be best when people ask after Mr Darcy and they seem happy with that.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance