Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Overcoming Stumbling Blocks

Ha! I like it!

Me personally, I can say NO easliy enough - it's just the guilt that follows makes it hard to stick by what I said.

Hobbit.

I remember talking to someone a few years ago when I snapped, he was actually my sons' case manager and he'd been trying to tell me I needed to toughen up and use some tough love on my son.  Tough love incidentally snapped both of us so I will not be going back there but that's a story for another time.  He said I needed to learn to say no.  My response was that if I was able to say no, I would have said it years ago and none of this would ever have happened.  I think learning to say no is the easier part of the equation and yes. the guilt is harder to come to terms with.  The way I see it now though is that if I say no to keep in line with my personal values then it is a guilt free, justified no.  

Hello @JT, @Hobbit @Alessandra1992, @PeppiPatty

Learning to say NO !!

sometimes it is hard xx

oh wow theres @Hobbit @JT and @Alessandra1992  how cool seeing them again.......

Hi @Shaz51

Sayingno is difficult but you gotta do it. @Hobbit talks about guilt..thats a thing you just have to get over I reckon........Talking about it is the best thing to do.......

Hi @PeppiPatty

Yes i agree , it took us a while to learn how to say No

at the beginning when we started being self employed because of hubby`s MI , we said Yes to any work at all , but not now , and it is sooo much better ,

I am often overcommitted.  All that pushing of my own boundaries, working for self, squeezing more into each day.  Saying "no" was something I did not always feel was possible.  When I realised it was partly me taking things on, or me picking up the slack that others left, that I had to be careful with what I took on,  It is still very difficult for me to actually refuse a person face to face, or spell out expectations, but I think that is coming.  

I also am proud of the things I have worked for and achieved.  There are also issues such as context, it is not just as simple as saying "no".  

However i guess there are often obstacles and we need to be aware, of what we can do to get over them.

I agree @Appleblossom xx

I have achieved.so much because i have said yes through my life

I still say yes , while i say No for my hubby

Like this @Appleblossom

I have so much I want to share with you but I can't because Im so knackered this afternoon.....Can I write tomorrow okay ??

Sorry....PeppiPatty 

xx

That is really interesting that you can see when saying "no" is needed for "hubby". @Shaz51  Hope you look after yourself too.

No Wallies.  No need to say sorry @PeppiPatty

How r u @Appleblossom ? Yawn........

Arlo stinnks but he can't have a bath because he just got his flea stuff........ need to wit for 3 dys........

Nighty Night 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance