Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

positiveangel
Casual Contributor

new here

Hi i have just joined,   i dont know where to start, but didnt want to ring an ambulance,  i am feeling very hopeless and thoughts of not wanting to be here, its very hard for me to ask for help, as i am usually a very strong person, but dont know where to start to get help, i am a carer for my 16 year old daughter who has aspergers anxiety etc, i think this is causing a lot of added stress, plus having heart and lung disease, i just feel like what is the use of living anymore

8 REPLIES 8

Re: new here

Hi @positiveangel, It takes a lot of courage to reach out.  Welcome to the forums, a great place to share your story and resource support.  There is so much happening for you at present, and I can hear your pain. 

thank you so much for replying, i just dont know what to do, should i ring a ambulance, or wait and see my dr, i am at a loss, usually i can make decisions, but i am completely unmotivated, the hard thing is my daughter, i try to be strong for her, so if i let her see me upset or go to hospital, she will have a full blown anxiety attack

WinterSun
Senior Contributor

Hi @positiveangel

Are you managing to stay safe and ok ?

You can speak to lifeline confidentially 24 hours on 13 11 14.

I’m glad you reached out.

As the saying goes “it ain’t weak to speak.”

Dealing with your own health issues and daughters issues is a heavy load. The strongest person can easily be worn down by these pressures.

Have you spoken to your gp ? 

They can arrange a mental health care plan so you can speak with a counsellor.

Please don’t let being a strong person stop you from asking for help.

With help you can move on from these feelings and being supported and heard regain your strength.

Thank you Wintersun, i just told my hubby before he went to bed that i am not in a good place, he is so understanding,  he said ring the dr tomorrow,  i have had depression for a long time,  i am strong i think to keep myself safe, i have told my dr before i have had thoughts of suicide, he is amazing,  but when you feel like i am tonight, it just feels hopeless,, but from past experience, i know it gets better, its just getting the motivation, to go to the dr

I’m glad you have hubby at home @positiveangel  and let him know how you are feeling.

Give lifeline a call someone to talk to without waiting. 

You are fortunate to have a good doctor who can help.

Take care.

thank you so much for talking to me, it has calmed me a littleHeart

I feel hopeless & suicidal everyday im so depressed & anxious. I do prayer & meditation it helps me to be calm & to feel not so hopeless & suicidal but it's really hard not to think of the future holds I really stress & struggle & to live in the moment & prayer & meditation help me to do this when I do prayer & meditation everyday & I'm trying experiment. I get really depressed & anxious & when I don't do prayer & meditation. I am not happy because I am so sorry for myself I forget sadness & this sadness I didnt cause. I didn't cause all this pain i cant control my thoughts emotions husband I can't cure how sick I am heartbroken overwhelmed crying. I was so depressed so overwhelming crying helps

Hey we hear you and we are all here. So hard for you and I feel your pain. Do you have family support or friends ? Try not to consider that path as there is always another way.  Keep talking even if no one answers , cause the universe will. Stay strong and you are worth eveything that life can offer. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance