Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hi new here

Hi BPDSurvivor,
I'm good thanks. She sees a Psychiatrist, Therapist and GP.
Thanks for the link. We will look at it tonight.
So far this forum seems very supportive.
Hope you are having a good night.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi Shaz 51,
Thanks. I am having a good day today.
Hope you are having a good night.

That's great @Former-Member . I'm not sure which state you reside in, but I find my local council/libraries very helpful when it comes to networking and reaching out.

I don't have offline 'friends' much. But I have been working with my psychologist to get out to meet people outside and get involved in things. One of the most helpful places to start was my local library. Although I am in currently in a lockdown area, I have been attending online sessions as part of reaching out.

It's a great time to start so I don't have the full anxiety of having sessions face to face. I attend mindfulness sessions, fitness/health sessions and painting sessions online.

I also have online sessions with my 2 psychologists on a regular basis.

I haven't 'reached' out into the community before, but I feel so good after doing it. Of course it is hard at first.

My next step is to attend these sessions in person after lockdown.

So no, I don't have offline 'friends' as such, but I'm working towards it. The reason I haven't really bothered is that I fill myself with working so as to avoid friendships, relationships and connecting with people. I feel safer busying myself. It's not healthy though. COVID made me realise I was alone, so it's pushed me in a different direction.

Hope you'll be able to connect with services in your local area too.

BPDSurvivor

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi BPD Survivor,

We live in Qld, in a small coastal town. Our Library isn't much use to us. There isn't many Mental Health or Disability services near us. That is good that you have been working with your Psychologist. I hope you will get to have some offline friendships once your Lockdown ends.

hello @Former-Member 

this is a good one to click on too is called Carers Hints and tips to Success 

also Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )  is good to look at too 

hello @BPDSurvivor@Basil@Eden1919 

Hi @Former-Member ,

I was thinking about you today and thought I'd check in to see how you are. 

What a shame you library isn't so helpful. What about your council? Anything there?

@Shaz51 is our forum mum because looks after everyone. Hence I'm so glad she's pointed out some resources for Carers. I know it's tough when there are limited services in your area. I'm in melb metro, and even then, supports are sometimes hard to find!

I hope some other Carers will also be able to link you to some resources.

Anyway, how was your day today @Former-Member ?

Hello @Former-Member and welcome.

I can see you've met lovely @BPDSurvivor @Shaz51 @Eden1919 and @Basil already. 

I'm happy you've found this to be a supportive environment 😊

I'm a carer too and for me it has provided a space to seek support, gain knowledge and form friendships. It's a wonderful community, I'm glad you found us. 

If you pop this symbol @ in front of our name we'll receive a notification

I look forward to getting to know you @Former-Member 😊

Former-Member
Not applicable

My daughter felt a strong urge to hurt herself, felt very angry, morbidly depressed and felt hardly anybody was giving her the right support on this forum. She felt like she was being contradicted, belittled and condemed. After much discussion with my daughter and her GP and her therapist, we have decided to close our accounts on here.

Thanks for your advise. You have been helpful to both of us.

Hey @Former-Member, 

I'm so sorry to hear of your daughter and your experiences. I'd encourage you to email us at team@saneforums.org with your concerns so we can provide you with more support and look into these further. 

It is a great strength though to recognise that the Forums may not provide the support you are looking for. It sounds like there are lots of other supports around you both as well, with the GP and therapist, which I'm really glad to hear. 

I want to wish you both all the very best. 

TideisTurning 🌸

Ohhh @Former-Member 

I amm soo sorry to hear this my friend 

Please love to hear any questions you may have 

Let me know , sending you lots of tender hugs my friend ❤❤

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance