Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Me_u
New Contributor

Feeling Drained

So today is another day of supporting someone who is in crisis accommodation. It's not the best place, quite dangerous and mentally challenging for someone with an aquired brain injury trying to give up drinking at the same time. But here's the thing. I'm doing the best I can. Got the support in place now that is needed. Some of It should start next week,  but the accommodation is a bit more difficult. I've explained it may take longer, but it's not going down well. How do I get help with getting a 61 year out of crises accommodation into somewhere safe..someone has been stabbed already. He's constantly harrassed for cigarettes and spare change. I've already put his name on DHHS but he has to wait. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Feeling Drained

Hi @Me_u

I believe some of the Detox and Rehab centres have half way houses for people recovering from Alcohol addiction. Try contact several of those organisations. The Samaritans may also be of assistance with accommodation.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance