Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Highlighted
New Contributor

Daughter with PTSD recent DID from Bullying

My daughter is 17 now.  She was bullied at school by kids and teachers.  It was so horrific she remembers very little of her childhood as a whole.  We were close and still are.  We were always close as in finish each other sentences and no what the other is thinking close.  I seperated from her father when she was 6 and moved 2 states.  It wasn't violent but we used to fight a lot and he would belittle me and his kids (my step kids).  He didn't our daughter when I was there.  He had little to do with her really.  Never saw her for visitation or contacts her even though he has means to do this without having to talk to me.

I worked fulltime and continue to work fulltime.  I got no support from work either.  I have a better job now.

I can tell stories of her teacher (grade 1) a month after the seperation throwing her pencils out the window because she was naughty to Guidance Officer in highschool (grade 6) telling her psychologist to her face that my daughter was faking it.  Not sure why she though the testing was wrong maybe.

And let's not talk about psychologists...  I regularly heard that it was her growing up.  I wasn't being tough enough.  It was normal for a teenager.  The government system after she was labelled her with borderline personality disorder shoved us into a course....  2 weeks in the hallucinations where so bad she couldnt get out of bed, barely ate, didn't sleep.....  I talked to them about it so the took her into a session told her she had to be more intouch with her emotions and they could help her move out of home.  She wanted me in every meeting after that because she didn't trust them.  I pulled the pin.

She is struggling to do 2 days a week at Tafe in cert 3 aged care.  Works a few hours per fortnight looking after an elderly lady.  She has good friends.  Goes out and spends time away from home with friends that suffer DID too.  With their help she recognised and understood her first alter.  She just split with a second one today.  

I firstly am worried if she doesn't get help now she won't be able to do things like hold a job or drive.  She doesn't want help just trying to process it.  Does someone out there who has been through this shed light?

Secondly, I am just so angry a school system for so long could do this.  I was involved.  I was regularly down there asking questions.  I had the dept of education involved but nothing changed.  I would like to here of any others who have had similar experiences.

Sorry for the length.

Piggys Grandma

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance: