Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Calling all Carers! // Tuesday 28th March 2023 5:30-7PM AEDT

I don't know the answer to how to ensure I have support.  The only thing that I have done in the past is to tell 1 extended family member the extent of the issues.  (Mental health issues are usually not told to everyone.) This is so that they can provide emergency support/ childcare when I have needed to take someone to hospital or to an urgent appointment etc.  

Re: Topic Tuesday// Calling all Carers! // Tuesday 28th March 2023 5:30-7PM AEDT

thank you @FloatingFeather , @TideisTurning , @amber22 for a great discussion 😊

going to cook some dinner now , the family are hungry 😁 

Thanks @Shaz51 - thanks for sharing and your wisdom. It was great to have you all with us tonight.

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather ❤️

I'm sorry to hear that @Snowie2000. It can be really hard to find support or care when you're the one doing the support and caring usually. You might find some helpful information in this previous Topic Tuesday discussion on Caring for the Carer or there's also Carer's Gateway you can ring for support, 1800 422 737. Please take good care of you! 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance