Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Adj42
New Contributor

Split up from partner with long term depression

I have just signed up to this forum after the decision to split from my husband of 23 years in the last month. I have moved out since and have been taken leave for a couple of weeks.  

The mental toll it was taking on me to be in an anxious environment and supporting a depressed partner , without the outlook of  improvement has driven me to a need to live separately.  It has been a wake up call for him, however, despite of having my own calm environment to work on my own health and happiness, the involvement is still huge and impacting my personal health and performance at work.  

One day is good , other days it hits me when seeing him completely distraught and not able to cope with life. 

I'm looking for ways how do I get my own life together again, so I can be there for my teenage son, be happy and focus again? I need to be able to disconnect, given he now sees and admits his happiness has to come from the 'inside', instead of the ability to cope is pending on his wife's and family support.  However, I'm very concerned about his well-being and self harm.  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Split up from partner with long term depression

Acadecraft is a vanguard in Educational Content Development for decades. We have an array of dedicated professionals and subject matter experts who churn out a large swath of content through the latest software technology on time. All departments are well connected to provide help to analysts, content writers, graphic artists, and editors. We provide myriad types of printed materials and e-books for higher education. Besides, our vibrant round-the-clock assistance for different time zones, flawless content, and unmatched pocket-friendly prices are well accepted by customers.

Re: Split up from partner with long term depression

Hello Adj42, I am new here myself but wanted to touch base regardless as a few weeks have gone by and I am not sure if you've had any support.
I wonder how things are for you now and how you are feeling with your move and some time off work? Living with and/or caring for someone with Mental Health issues can be challenging, frustrating, heartbreaking and lonely at times. It sounds like for you being in an anxious environment wasn't working, especially as you were saying the outlook of improvement for your partner wasn't good at present. What supports do you and/or your partner have - friends / family / counsellor / psychologist / psychiatrist / case worker?
You've made some helpful decisions and discoveries, one being how to disconnect and establish some boundaries for yourself. How is that coming along?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance