Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting a partner in a crisis

I just reached out to suicidecallback service for some support, they told me im doing all i can and to keep supporting her. i still have not heard from her yet, i hope i do soon.

Hey there @Jacques  that is really amazing you reached out to them well done. They are available 24/7 too so if you need to ring them back that's an option if there's any change in her presentation etc Heart

You're doing really well, it isn't easy, try to look after yourself in the process of this if you can (sleep, water, food etc).

thank you so much, i feel so so alone, i can't stop crying

Hi @Jacques 

It is a very emotional time and I am so glad you reached out to the suicide support service. 

Online support = 🙌

Hi everyone,

my partner is ok, she has promised me to stay safe and try to find some new help. i feel so relieved. i've had such a good cry today, i hope i can sleep tonight. 

Hi everyone, well my partners private psychologist has stopped seeing my partner and today the public system has told her they are ceasing treatment, she is now on her own. She is so suicidal tonight and she is so confused and anxious, she keeps falling over her go says it is because she is over medicated. I'm so so worried about her.

How can the people who are meant to help abandon her.

Hi @Jacques I'm sorry to read this. It sounds like you're feeling that all the supports that your partner might need right now are pulling away and that feeling of carrying it on your own can be overwhelming.

I sent you an email a while ago with the numbers for SuicideCallBack, Lifeline etc and the fact that she is still connected with her GP(?) is a positive as well. But if you want those numbers again tag me and I can send them to you.

Take care of yourself too during this difficult time. Sitting with you.

thecolourblue

Hi @thecolourblue, she is speaking with them now, gosh I hope they call someone, I don't think she is going to make it through the night otherwise

Hi @Jacques

I'm really glad to hear that she has been able to reach out to Suicide Call Back Service. If you're still concerned about her safety after she finishes the call, and you feel you need to escalate things yourself, do reach out to the CATT team or 000. Take care, this musn't be easy for you, but it really does sound like you're doing everything you can right now to be a supportive partner. Sending you well wishes, 3Jewels.

Agree with @3Jewels about calling 000 or CATT if needed. We're both glad your partner's reaching out @Jacques . 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance