Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Partner with both MH issues and cancer

I could not find one article for carers in relation to being supportive through a Ca diagnosis and the challenges with a coexisting mental health diagnosis @Former-Member (articles are primarily for medical practitioners, some for patients).. I learnt from @Emelia8 and her experience as a carer (and  now as a patient).

💕💕💕 @Former-Member  you are never alone - I know this is anonymous names - but the care and love we send is very real and 100% reliable - not going anywhere anytime - holding you in my heart always 

Bless you @Sophie1 felt a little bit overwhelmed by your kind words. 

Whilst concentration is down, am keeping my sense of humour,  thank goodness for friends who understand. 

@Former-Member  sometimes I have underestimated the ability of those around me to support me and love me in difficult times 

I love it when people surprise me 

trust you are putting one foot in front of the other and finding chances to laugh where you can x

My husband has oncologist appt tomorrow to review his 3 month CT scan results. He's been very quiet and sleeping lots. Has had a sore throat for weeks. Bipolar still basically under control. Both anxious about appointment. 

Tonight one of my son's (29y.o) showed up on my doorstep extremely upset. He has history of PTSD after finding his best friend dead 2 years ago.

He can't tell me what's wrong. Had a shower and has gone to bed. I'm worried.

Let us know how you get on @RMG , has hubby had appetite/ weight loss?

No significant weight loss

@RMG @Emelia8 

Thinking especially of you both this morning.

Thinking of you lots today @Former-Member , @RMG , @Emelia8 ❤

Hello @Former-Member 

I am sad to report Dad's scan shows the cancer has spread to his lymph nodes. No chemo as he's frail and dr said make the most of how well you feel now. Feeling very sad and came here to swap hugs for what lies ahead 😭

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance