Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

Hello @BPDSurvivor thank you, I had a good day. Submitted a Tafe assessment ✔️ ticked off some items at work ✔️ just had haircut and colour (sorry to "brag") I had four inches off the length! Was so ferol, I hadn't realised! Feels thicker and healthier now. I am excited for when you have yours. You must keep me in the loop 😃

I'm sorry you're still in iso, a bike ride in the court yard sounds lovely. Good on you for doing something nice for yourself ✔️❣️

Dear @Shaz51 that sounds like a plan hun, it would be nice for you and dear Mr Shaz.

Gosh it's hard isn't it?!

I had a big breakthrough tonight, I must share cause it's huuuge. My boy hasn't been very good of late. Something has been weighing very heavy on his mind. Finally tonight he confided in me. God bless him. I love him so much. Anyhoo, might go and shut down my mind so will say goodnight. Take care 💕

@Shaz51. have been reading the news about the wild weather, and thinking of you (and @Determined). Sounds like you didn't get the worst of it, but wild enough?

Thanks @Smc 

Thinking of you also @Shaz51 

We have had wild weather to the north south and west of us but so far nothing damaging locally despite plenty of hail. 

I still get really anxious around storms after being caught in a really bad storm in the car a 3-4 years ago. (Hail in that one wrote the car off) . So thankful that we have missed the worst of this lot so far. 

Regarding respite mum @Shaz51 , it could be someone taking her out for a walk or coffee of something. It's rest for you that you need. There's only so much you can keep doing. You have a lot on your plate.

@Shaz51 wrote:

thank you @Smc@Sophia1 

mum loves routine  and does not handle change too good anymore 

so this afternoon she is happy watching her tv shows and having a cuppa 

very hot and stormy outside , soo being inside is the best 

I am thinking that making a room for her so she does not have to use the steps is affecting her and making her anxious 

Hello lovely @Shaz51 

I cannot Believe that there are 51 people with the name shaz 🙃

can you take her there for short spells with a special song 🎵 playing. Have a look at photos. A magazine. Hand massage. Something that she loves. Different every  time like a special surprise. Does she have a favourite colour.. see if you can get that colour serviette. So that the room represents a warm welcome for her. 
a nice little pot plant or a vase with a few flowers from the garden 

Special Night of the week have lunch or takeaway in her special room letting her know that you are sharing in her room. 
I realise more time. Keep it simple. 
 Not hard work for you.  😍💜💕

@Shaz51 

Hearing that you are a bit weary at the moment (more so than usual)

Thinking of you 🙏

You do a lot for Mr Shaz and Mum on too of looking after yourself. I admire your strength. 

Ha ha no my @Sophia1 

I was 51years old  when I first came onto the forum xx

Thank you @Determined , yes my cousin rang this morning And some of the family are worried about 

@Anastasia , @BPDSurvivor , @Smc 

hello @Determined@Sophia1@BPDSurvivor@Smc@Anastasia@Faith-and-Hope@BlueBay@oceangirl@Adge@Emelia8@Appleblossom@Jacques@Scoo , @Former-Member , @Snowie@Peri , @Former-Member , @Rhye@cloudcore@Jynx 

ohhhhhhh mum is in her new room downstairs and I have been up and down all day checking on her and did not sleep well last night 

mr shaz said i will wear myself out , and i amm sooo tired already and this is only the first day 

@Shaz51 💗💗

I'm sure you will both settle in over the following days @Shaz51 .  Change is never easy for older people, especially when dementia is setting in.  And no doubt you are worrying more than you need to.  Totally understand you feeling you need to keep checking on her, but she will be okay.  Its probably you that needs the greater care right now.  You do way too much my sweet friend.

Emelia 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance