Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

JennyK
Contributor

My Daughter is in a very dark place

Hi written before re: my daughter & her depression & anxiety. She had been living with me & has now moved 10mins from my home. When living with me she was taking her meds. Don't think she is now as she is very tired, anxious grumpy & non talkative. We are hoping to gt into a pchiatrist soon for a fuller diagnosis. I am beside myself with worry. I wonder how far down does she go or do I take her to outpatients. She says not to worry Mum .....What are others experiences

Cheers JennyK

5 REPLIES 5

Re: My Daughter is in a very dark place

Hi JennyK,

Crisis Assessment Treatment Team (CATT). I'm assuming every state has them, and that's the correct name for Victoria. Phone and they visit and assess the situation. Used to be a 24hr service but no longer, 8am to 10pm in our area, you'd have to check online for a local number and hours. 

Hi @JennyK,

Sounds like you are very worried. May I ask how your daughter is? And has she moved out with friends? Is she in a safe environment with supportive people? 

It's good that you are supporting here and taking her to see a psych. I second what @patientpatient wrote, get in contact with the CAT team if you are concerned about here safety. Also, be sure to keep the communication lines open. She might bot be talkative now, but it can be helpful to creat a safe place that she knows she can come to when she is ready. 

@helephant1969 wrote here about caring for her daughter who has anxiety and depression and is/was not wanting help. Perhaps she can offer some advice here.  @helephant1969, do you have any advice for @JennyK?

CB

Thanks @CherryBomb, my daughter has moved out on her own. I'm the only person she will talk to, her father doesn't contact her anymore & she has pushed her friends aside. Thanks for you reply it's very supportive.

JennyK

Thanks @patientpatient. Have looked them up & will call.

May God be merciful as always I send heavenly angels to protect her. Pray without ceasing please watch Emmanuel tv and see if your daughter is interested Jesus heals yesterday today and forever. I think have her assessed again if she is safe but there is a limit like I totally hear you on how much you can go that's why I suggested prayers as well if she will not. take meds find out why first but compliance with meds can be an issue with a lot of illnesses and I wondered how old she is. It's very sad I hope she pulls through
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance