Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I need your help with a no visitor policy in hospitals

Sadly I is more likely she is going to end up in palliative care with maybe a week or 2 to live but I'm still not allowed in yet. 

im in line to get tested for corona virus to try to persuade the hospital to let me in... 

my mum doesn't have a phone or device that can do FaceTime nor can I afford to buy one. 

Re: I need your help with a no visitor policy in hospitals

In the Victorian government gazette of the public health and well-being act 2008, section 200 of the hospital visitor directions no 9 issued on 22nd July doesn't state carers can only visit if a patient needs help with feeding, subheading c) states if the care for the patient is necessary for the patients immediate physical well-being that optimises the care and support delivered by workers at the hospital. I would consider Physiotherapy exercises and massages to improve function, balance, independence as something that cannot be provided over the phone. My mum went into the hospital able to get out of bed, a chair and the toilet independently with the use of aids... now because I have been denied to provide this care for her she needs nurses to assist all the time.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance