Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Anastasia
Community Guide

I feel like I am losing the plot

I have been feeling completely overwelmed for some time now and I am struggling to hold a thought and retain things.

I find myself leaving the house without say my purse, glasses or similar. I'll struggle at times to respond to questions and get my words together so that I stutter or use the wrong words. I can't cope with too many tasks and I am working from home as I have anxiety around leaving my son. Can anyone else relate to any of this. If so what did you do to get on track. I really worried about the slippery slope that I am on and each day is getting just that little bit harder to cope with. I have an apointment with a physcologist but not until the 6th of August as that was the earliest I could get one.  Thank you in avance for "listening" 

15 REPLIES 15

Re: I feel like I am losing the plot

@Anastasia 

I used to worry about leaving my husband. The psychologist told me that my husband is responsible for his own actions and that I couldn't look after him unless I first looked after myself. So I now do that and without guilt. It's amazing! Like being set free. But if it really is a life threatening situation, sometimes we do have to try to get our loved one to hospital or ring 000. Or if they are already in the system there may be a crisis team on call.

I regularly practice relaxation techniques to keep calm. The psychologist will help you with those. Maybe you could look some up on the internet? Sometimes if I leave my husband alone when he is not well, he will calm down given a little space and time.

You are not alone. It's not easy but you can do it 😊 

It makes sense, thank you @JB70 Smiley Happy

Yes, when stressed I have memory lapses @Anastasia .

1595388013257.jpg

Yikes @Anastasia  I relate to this too well at times.

Haha yessss @Former-Member I can totally relate 😸

@Anastasiafound this and thought of you.images - 2020-08-12T085516.820.jpeg

Thank you @Former-Member ❤️

Hi. My first time on here ever. I'm in the same place due to my adult son's illness. Feel that I will never feel happiness again. I hope joining this forum will help you, and me too. Best wishes.

Welcome aboard @Carmel9  sending gentle thoughts your way. Feel free to start your own story or join in others that are relevant to your situation or son's illness. There are also some lovely social threads where chattng to people about shared interests can bring a little joy.

@Anastasia  @JB70  Perhaps offering some stress reduction ideas might be worthwhile,  my counselor suggested a whiteboard might be useful for my situation.  

images (32).png

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance