Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Angela5
New Contributor

I am really concerned a treatment from a doctor to my brother. He is very sick in hospital. What option I can have. Can I talk to the supervisor ve.

I am really worried about a doctor’s ability to care my brother currently in hospital. He is much worse than when  he was admitted to hospital. The situation is very urgent. As the doctor is planning to do extremely treatment for him. What best option for me to take. Should I to talk to the supervisor? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I am really concerned a treatment from a doctor to my brother. He is very sick in hospital. What option I can have. Can I talk to the supervisor

Hi @Angela5 Welcome to the forums. You seem really worried about your brother. 

I am not able to provide specific advice on your situation, but if you are concerned, you are best to speak to a medical professional as they will be able to give you the best support. 

Re: I am really concerned a treatment from a doctor to my brother. He is very sick in hospital. What option I can have. Can I talk to the supervisor

You might like to contact the hospital. They will understand if you say you need help understanding the treatment trajectory for your brother, because he seems to be getting worse, and you’re concerned about the risks involved with the new treatment.

Hi @Angela5,

I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling concerned for your loved ones. Both you and your brother have healthcare rights that might be able to help in this situation. 

When seeking mental health care, your brother has a right to seek a second opinion, or to make a complaint. You can also make a complaint as his carer, and you both have a right for that complaint to be addressed without it effecting his care. 

Have you heard the the Mental Health Advocacy Service (aka legal aid) before? I have linked to NSW, but there is legal aid for each state. They might be able to talk through your situation and offer more specific support based on the state you are in and the local Mental Health Act. That being said, reaching out for help if you are concerned, is a really important step- I can hear how concerned you are for your brother and he is lucky to have an advocate such as you by his side!

How does your brother feel about the mental health care he is receiving? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance