Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LOVELUKE
Contributor

How much more can i take!

Don't know how much longer i can do this for. I get blamed for everything. We have to do things to suit Mr but sometimes its hard 3 of us live here not just 1. He says he wants to get out of debt but spends 200-300 a week at pub and he doesn't even work. Confused don't know which way to look or even turn.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How much more can i take!

HI @LOVELUKE,

It sounds like you are having quite a hard time caring for Mr at the moment. It can be such a strain when a loved one doesn't seem to want to take care of themselves in a moment, even if in finance.

What kind of things do you do for yourself to relieve some of the stress? There are quite a few members that can relate to your stress - you may find it useful to post in this thread Wives caring for husbands.

Lauz

Former-Member
Not applicable

@LOVELUKE

Does your Mr have a diagnosis? Is he getting treatment? This might be helpful as others with similar issues might be able to help (my Mr D has bipolar ii and rarely drinks). There are however things as carers we can do so that we are able to cope better. I will tag you in a couple of threads.

Can I suggest Carers Australia as a starting point. They offer free counseling and can link you to various services.

Darcy

Sorry to hear this. I can relate to you very well. Mr is so self centred when he is having an episode, everything his way. I can only say if you love him enough stick to it, if not think about the alternatives, get some help for yourself. Take care of the carer.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@LOVELUKE

Topic Tuesday tonight 7pm AESDT Carer burnout
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance