Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Altogether
Senior Contributor

BPD Help

I wish I could tell the whole story, but unfortunately I can't. What I would like to say is reading people's stories and questions can still help, even for those of us who can't really discuss. 

I do have a question though, how many people with BPD find medication helpful to maintain a reasonably active and manageable life? 

My child is absolutely against meds, but is easily overwhelmed and can really only cope with one major thing going on in life at a time. If a spanner is thrown in the works, everything falls apart. I'm 'suggesting' that it's worth talking to the psychiatrist again, that there might be something new out there to try, that new things are happening all the time, that the psychiatrist will take in to account lifestyle etc and any concerns. (we have a really good doc)

It's just that, I know a good and fullfilling life can be led with BPD, but right now it's not happening. (counselling has stopped too) 

It's been about 2 years since this first happened. 

Thanks all. 😞 

5 REPLIES 5
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: BPD Help

Hi @Altogether

Here is a link to the official guidelines into the management of BPD

https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/guidelines-publications/mh25

Thank you @Former-Member. x

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Hi @Altogether,

What Darcy has shared is really useful - I just thought I would add in this thread that happened last night for our topic tuesday event - members discussed BPD in length and I thought you may find it somewhat helpful.

Lauz

I'm having a look at that now @Lauz, thank you. I wish I'd seen it before Tuesday! 

Wow! That thread was amazing. Thank you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance