Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Wanting to have a general chat

@LookingHopeful 

Good you got adjournment, Hope you work out settlement in a fair way.  It is a very difficult time.  We cant change life circumstances, but walking along with each other can help improve our outlook.  I bought in an unpopular area but hung in there long enough for fashions to change .... 20 years .... and now they are working on tourism here ... I find it hilarious as it really was the wrong side of the tracks for about 100 years ....in the meantime I get to enjoy simple things of being here and do not bow down to silly suburb snobberies. 

Smiley Happy

@greenpea @Shaz51 @Rhye @HenryX 

Smiley Happy

Sounds a lot like our time in Central QLD. It was the toughest place I have ever lived. I still live in a rural area but now I'm in Central Vic and it's lovely here. The biggest issue is a severe lack of services but the peace and quiet is hard to beat.
I actually moved from the beach at Lakes Entrance to be here so I get missing the ocean. But I don't miss the crowds that came along with it. And I am just minutes away from dozens of lovely dams to satisfy my water lust.
I did several Christmas's in QLD on my own whilst hubby worked just so everyone else could go home for Christmas. Story of my life... I have to sacrifice so others can be happy. Just how it goes I'm afraid.
Do you have any other water source close by? When we were in Clermont I used to drive out to Teressa Creek Dam sometimes just to see the water.

I am up for a chat anytime on topics of mental health. 

Hello @Owen45 , @Molly22 , @LookingHopeful 

and @Appleblossom , @Shaz51 

as well as any others visiting this thread

@Owen45, @LookingHopeful and @Molly22 , if you would like to look back to the post on the date and time,  09 Dec 2021 04:35 PM, You will find some tips on addressing other members that may be helpful in connecting with other people on this forum site. While the post is detailed, the steps are fairly straight forward, particularly once you get used to using them. I hope that the tips will assist you in getting the most out of your forum connections and experience.

It is only by 'addressing' other members, that they know of your posts, unless they visit the thread by chance.

The whole of the forum site is open, and all communications and correspondence through posts may be read by anyone, so please feel free to look around and be as active in other threads as you would like.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

hello @HenryX@LookingHopeful@Owen45@Molly22@Appleblossom@Paperdaisy 

39F44101-67EE-4570-BDD1-75AF0DF1DA69.jpeg

ares.jpg

anyone like dragonflies Smiley Very Happy

Yes @Shaz51 love watching dragonflies dart across the top of water dragonfly-flies-over-water-on-260nw-1438794215

Oops, I have tried twice now to add images into posts but cannot seem to get it to show. I copied the url and also saved it downloads and uploaded it that way. It was just another photo of a dragonfly.

Haha, so typical, I cannot understand a lot that goes on with computers.

yes dragonflies are lovely @LookingHopeful 

and love watching the damselflies too 

@HenryX@Owen45@Molly22@Appleblossom 

@LookingHopeful, i see a triangle which means your picture is being approved my the @Former-Member  befor we can see it xxxx

@Molly22 @Owen45 

Thank you for your messages ❤️

@Molly22 I bet now that you look back it seems like a short time in your life being out in central QLD? I love living rurally but maybe not in the heat and rurally haha. 

We lived 2.5 years in a tiny town in Tasmania and I look back and only have the fondest memories. Sure, it was also isolating at times but I was able to put layers on and still get outside for a walk plus we were near the beach and that seems to always be a good idea no matter what the weather (even when the wind is so strong in tassie you nearly get blown away haha)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance