Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Supporting girlfriend with possible BPD

@Cairns ,

I can see you are struggling to understand Madison's actions. It would not be right for me to offer suggestions surrounding what she has done, however, sometimes, as a borderline, we actually don't know what we are doing besides following our impulses.

You have tried to support her. You have tried to reason with her. You have tried to accept her for who she is. Yet it seems her actions do not take any of this into account. 

Were you ever able to speak to her about your future ahead?

At this moment, it seems you need to take care of yourself and not be too hard on yourself. Madison is old enough to be responsible for her own actions. You are not responsible for what she does. BPD, drugs and alcohol are not a healthy mix. I do hope she will one day realize she wants a different type of 'normal' and will actively seek support.

It is great you could reach out. Please continue to do this so that you can perhaps find a way to be kind to yourself.

Best Wishes,

BPDSurvivor

Re: Supporting girlfriend with possible BPD

👋 Hey @jfirej58 @Zanylady ! How are you going?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance