Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Soldalan
New Contributor

Struggling through it

Hi all I'm new, just don't know where to turn to I'm severely depressed, have been for years it comes and goes. My psychologist says to try all these things that never work! My psychiatrist has taken me off meds coz I'm "allergic" to them!!! I tell them I'm struggling and the tell me to try nerofeedback which cost way to much, then my motorbike which was the only thing I enjoyed doing was stolen adding to me being down, insurance will only pay out some of my loan! Stupid me didn't read the fine print when I got the loan I just don't know what to do?
I'm really struggling to keep it together
Thanks for reading

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Struggling through it

Hi @Soldalan,

Firstly welcome to the forums. Its really great that you have shared a bit about what is going on for you and I know you will find supportive people in this space.

What a frustrating time - I am sorry to hear your bike was stolen!!

It can be really hard to access services that are sometimes expensive. You may find members here have useful insight around how to access other services. I know @Phoenix_Rising and @CheerBear have started a thread here that is working through DBT so they can share they resource.

Meanwhile if you feel like a bit of a break or just a friendly hello pop over to the Good Morning thread or even the Crossword thread for something fun!

Take care,

Lauz

@Soldalan.
So sorry to hear about your motorbike being stolen and then the insurance not being right. That would be such a hard thing to deal with.
Have there been medications in the past that you weren't allergic to? Maybe these could be tried again but at a different dose.
Do you and your psychologist work well together? Are you comfortable telling him/her how you are feeling? Are you comfortable hearing their feedback? If not, do you think you might work better with a different psychologist - one who is experienced in your diagnosis?

Unfortunately no I haven't found any medication that helps and yes myself and my psychologist are great she has help me through some real rough times she tells it as it is but I just feel as if we have hit a road block and she can't really help me any further and is just pulling at straws trying to help me
Thanks for your response

@Soldalan. That sounds really hard - hitting a block and not knowing where to go from here.
I hope she can come up with something new that helps you.
Wishing you all the best.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance