Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My story

Hi @Blighman and welcome to the forums .... 👋

There can be a huge sense of relief when you find this space and begin to unload all the stuff you have been trying to carry around with you, and often, trying to explain to others can be met with disbelief, avoidance, lack of empathy and understanding.  Here there is a wealth of lived experience that helps us to understand and empathise with others more easily, amongst our own reasons for being here.

Anything you find confusing or what to know how to do, or find, please just ask.  It’s how we all learn the ropes.

Tip:  Adding an @ to the front of someone’s username flags them to your post.  It’s helpful particularly when you are answering someone else’s post so they know you are talking to them.

I hope there is something you can do for yourself tonight, towards self-care, now that you have shared all that history ..... hopefully got it off your chest a bit.

F&H

Hi @Blighman,

A big welcome to the forums Smiley Happy It sounds like you and your family have been through a lot, and that these recent events and the fight particularly have had a huge impact on you. It is great you have found the forums and I hope this is a really supportive space for you.

Just to let you know you can introduce yourself on this thread here if you like, but it is also completely okay to jump in a thread like this one as you have and go from there.

Take care and I look forward to seeing you more around the forums Smiley Happy

Tortoiseshell

Thank you

Hi @Ghost

I just came across your story now and wanted to add my welcome and support.

thanks

So nice when you have a normal day and feel your family is like everyone elses

Hello @Ghost, @Determined, @Blighman, @Faith-and-Hope,, @Tortoiseshell sending you all tender hugs and please keepin touch xxxx

Hi @Blighman,

I have just arrived on the forum scene as well. So welcome.

In just a short period of time I have found it very helpful. People get where you are coming from. 

I am having issues and it so good to take a few minutes to just write it down and in a sense let it go. But more amazing is the responses, the few kind words, and the support.

So hook in with a thread that fits your needs, sharing your burdens really helps. 

Cheers @Ghost
Like a kid in a lolly shop at the moment.
DrKay
Casual Contributor

Hi there

I'm new to this forum too. Reading your story was a reminder of how hard our lives become when we are carers. 

I wish I had a magic wand that could make it all go away. I can at least tell u you r certainly not alone. I will post my story and I hope to receive some "pick me up" because I reckon we need it. 

For u my dear u r doing a stellar job - a true juggling act that deserve only the highest praise. I hope u receive it on this site. Thank you for sharing 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance