Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with a Bipolar partner - How do you know when you've had enough?

@HoneyOne Glad I could help in some way. I'm taking note of where you've written that the challenge is knowing what your needs are. This is such an important thing to note, when you're in a relationship where your partners needs are always number 1, you forget to take care of yourself, you squash your needs, emotions, feelings, ambitions, hopes and dreams. It's a significant sacrifice to make, so I sincerely hope that putting boundaries in place is going to give you that freedom to focus on your own needs.

I imagine that because your relationship has been solely centred around your partners needs, he/she may resist your new found "stern foot", try to find a way to be patient with each other, it's going to take some time to adjust to a new dynamic, and you certainly deserve to have that balance in your relationship.

Wishing you all the best

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance