Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Samantha3078
Casual Contributor

Introduction

Hi my name is Samantha, recently discovered my 14 yr old is serious self harmer, have been in and out hospital 5x in the last 2 months.  Terrified confused, guilty and scared

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Introduction

Hi @Samantha3078Welcome to the SANE forums. It's great to have you here. I'm the moderator this evening 😊

I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter is struggling with her mental health and can only imagine how distressing this must be for you as as a parent.  It's great that you've found your way here to the forums and I think you'll find the community is a great place for support, information and connection. Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be a pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines.  Take care 🌻

Burt
Casual Contributor

Re: Introduction

Hi Samantha

Welcome and sorry to hear you are going through this.  I can relate as my daughter who is 16 has a history of hospitalization too. Stay strong and take care of you xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance