Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Eating disorder and more - need a shoulder ......

I understand manipulation very well @Faith-and-Hope, but I hope that he is engaging with you respectfully. 

But you're right, the world, or the kids lives and goals don't stop for your husband, there is only so much you can do. A trip overseas with the cubs to yourself, to chat and be away from Australia may be the environmental intervention you need right now. 

Have a safe journey, and some walks or meanders in nature or a gallery will be delightful, or maybe a cuddle coma by an open fire over looking some gorgeous mountains. 

Take care, Corny Heart

Enjoy your holidays @Faith-and-Hope .

@Faith-and-Hope 

Have a great trip overseas. See u in 2020Heart

I can feel it in me waters @Faith-and-Hope that you are in an alpine lodge somewhere by an open fire, the warmth and glow of the coal and embers melting all the stress out of your muscles and you are catching up on much needed sleep and relaxation. Maybe doing a cooking class by day or pulping your own tomatoes in a bath with your bare feet and pressing your own olive oil followed by canning freshly caught sardines for next season.

Corny Heart

Hoping you are getting in some R & R on your holiday @Faith-and-Hope 

@Faith-and-Hope  my totally awesome friend xxx

thinking of you soooo much xxx

you will need a new thread when you come home xxx

Thinking of you @Faith-and-Hope .

Thinking of you in you absence @Faith-and-Hope  

Hi everyone 👋💕

Thank you so much for all your supportive messages while I was away.  I really appreciated them.

I have landed in the west and will be here for a little while ahead of uni start-up.

WH (previously known as Wayward Hisband but I can think of a few more creative choice words that this might now represent - jus’ sayin’ .... ) has moved back into our “condensed living” space in the east, in his own home, but sharing all common facilities with us ..... and parading his new romantic interest all over what were our spaces, places, people, events as a family and as the couple that we were ..... overwriting our story with his new one .... just to be obnoxious and invalidating.  Whether I like it or not I will be crossing paths with them.  At the moment I don’t even know what she looks like, but everyone else does, including two of my children.

I can move out, of course, surrendering the family home there in the process, and as he is withholding the finances and controlling all the resources I am not able to do that anyway ..... and there will be ongoing legal debacle about all of that, tying everything into more knots ..... and the art space part of our home is behind a different door, with one of our baby dragons living in it, and another soon to join them there ..... so they won’t leave even if I do ..... so perhaps a picture can be seen, of isolating, devaluing, property attainment, and emotionally abusive behaviours no matter what I do or don’t do.

WH also brought her here to the west, to meet his family, and walk all over formerly meaningful places, spaces and people here while I was aware  ..... despite going to great pains to insist to our offspring that the relationship was brand new and tentative  (yeah, right).  The visit included bringing her into the home I am

“living” in here, which resembles a shipping container at the moment, with things that used to be our household junked and stacked disrespectfully all around me.  Pure class, huh ?!

Our disabled baby dragon  is being disputed like a pawn in the middle of it all, and he is trying to use my engagement with studies to acquire the majority of parenting time with that one, which supports a future claim as the primary parent ..... grrrr .....  

He is wearing a diagnosis all over these behaviours.  His true nature is progressively coming on display, and at least natural consequences will take care of some of the outcomes.

But .... I have to just roll up my sleeves and enter the fray.  It’s not going away until I do.  God give me courage and strength.  

Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”

Eph 6:14-17

Amen

The ways of a peaceful warrior are ancient ways.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance