Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Krishna
Senior Contributor

Daughter catatonic

Just received news that this afternoon, after my girls third ECT, she is sitting up, talking and eating. Tube feed coming out and a changed girl. Such relief and so much gratitude for the love prayers and understanding shared in this forum. A long road ahead yet but the light at the end of the tunnel is shining bright. Sadly she has expressed she doesn't want me visiting anymore for a while. Possibly protecting me as in past admissions to hospital it has been the same due to not wanting me to see her in that situation. That's okay. I can live with that. Just a phone call away. So from the deepest depths of this mother's heart I say thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Daughter catatonic

@Krishna, thinking of you lots today my friend 

how are you today and how is your daughter xx

Re: Daughter catatonic

Hi @Shaz51 @My girl has been in and out of catatonia and has now received 10 ECTs and tribunal hearing yesterday has decided to keep her as an involuntary patient for a further 12 weeks and has approved up to another 12 ECTs. They are also trying her on a new med which hopefully will prevent catatonia reoccurring. Still being tube fed and unable to speak. Will not allow me to visit. I am still away from home looking after my brothers 7 horses, 9 chooks, 2 dogs and 32 goldfish (at last count) as he is in hospital in Sydney so some good distractions here. The ache in my heart for my girls situation is a constant but knowing she is safe and being cared for brings a little peace at times. I miss my daughter terribly but know she is not the girl I once knew. Very emotionally detached and quite perplexed. The doctors tell me catatonia is now part of her illness and this medication they are starting her on is the best they can offer. So we wait. Thank you for your concern. Much gratitude xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance